NOW CLOSED - Competition Day 2 – 4th December 2018 – Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer

• 29 November 2018
  • 92 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge
It's day 2 of our 5-day Christmas Giveaway!

‘Tis the season to be on your smartphone! Whether you’re taking pictures of your perfect roasties or chatting to your gran, your trusty phone’s going to be working overtime this Christmas.

To enter day 2 of our 5-day Christmas giveaway, we want you to tell us your best battery saving tip in the comments below!

You've got until 23.59 on the 4th December 2018 to respond, for your chance at winning a Dyson Supersonic Hair dryer!

Don’t forget to check the iD Mobile Community homepage or the 'Competition time - 5 day Christmas Giveaway' sub-forum tomorrow for another tech-tastic competition.

T&C’s Link

92 replies

Userlevel 1
Should the winners email be from a Gmail account?

The email I’ve received looks a bit suspect as it’s not from: idcommunity@idmobile.co.uk

but from: idmobilecommunity@gmail.com instead

Please can you confirm?
Userlevel 8
Badge
@Mattyrays The emails will be sent out for all competition winners today!
Userlevel 1
Congratulations @Mattyrays! You've been selected as the winner of our Day 2 Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Christmas Giveaway! 😀

We’ll email you via the address you used to log into the Community to confirm your win. Please make sure you respond to that within 7 days to confirm acceptance. Congratulations again, and thanks to all those who entered! 👍

Don't forget, if you were unlucky today, there are still more chances to win! Today's competition can be found here, where you have the chance of winning a set of Beats headphones! 🎧

I still haven’t received an email; do you know when these should arrive? Just aware that I only have 7 days to respond.

‘Tis the season to be on your smartphone! Whether you’re taking pictures of your perfect roasties or chatting to your gran, your trusty phone’s going to be working overtime this Christmas.

To enter day 2 of our 5-day Christmas giveaway, we want you to tell us your best battery saving tip in the comments below!

You've got until 23.59 on the 4th December 2018 to respond, for your chance at winning a Dyson Supersonic Hair dryer!

Don’t forget to check the iD Mobile Community homepage or the 'Competition time - 5 day Christmas Giveaway' sub-forum tomorrow for another tech-tastic competition.

T&C’s Link
Delete redundant apps, block all pop ups use, use in low power mode.

Answer as it rings

Delete a
Userlevel 1
Woohoo 🥳 thanks very much! I look forward to seeing the email.
Userlevel 8
Badge
Congratulations @Mattyrays! You've been selected as the winner of our Day 2 Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Christmas Giveaway! 😀

We’ll email you via the address you used to log into the Community to confirm your win. Please make sure you respond to that within 7 days to confirm acceptance. Congratulations again, and thanks to all those who entered! 👍

Don't forget, if you were unlucky today, there are still more chances to win! Today's competition can be found here, where you have the chance of winning a set of Beats headphones! 🎧
My best battery-saving tip? Don't use it around loved ones, and savour their company instead!

But if that's not for you... and for he times spent alone/on public transport/sitting in a waiting room with nothing to do and in need of some entertainment... Carry a portable power bank, or use up the first 50% of charge with reckless abandon (life's for living after all) and then use a single digit to tap the almighty power-saving mode button on your phone.
Use battery saver, turn off WiFi and Bluetooth when not needed and turn down screen brightness.
Userlevel 1
The only thing I know, other than the things that have already been written, is that when ordinary batteries run out you can get a little more energy (enough to do something) by resting them on a radiator overnight. I suspect I'm meant to write something about phone/laptop type batteries, but everything I know has been covered!!
Reduce brightness. Close apps not in use. Check if internet is still on.
Userlevel 1
Lower screen brightness, turn off wifi, power saving mode, close apps
Userlevel 1
Select Airplane mode, close down apps not in use and turn screen brightness down ⚡️

T&C’s Link

Answer as it rings
Userlevel 1
Once you have loaded your route on Google Maps turn your phone to aeroplane mode. The app still works in the same way as long as you stick to the route that it tells you. This not only saves battery, but also data allowance!
Userlevel 2
Enable dark mode on every app you can and have a dark wallpaper.
Dont use your phone at work
Avoid exposing phone to too much heat. Anything over 35 C will decrease battery life and lower it's capacity to hold a charge, this could be permanent! So keep it out of the sun when on holiday and definately don't take it into that hotroom/sauna! 😥😛
Prolong your battery by not giving your phone to your kids!
Don’t use your phone!
Try and use Social Media less, if you can survive a day without Instagram your phone battery last a lot longer!
Userlevel 1
Keep the screen brightness low and power saving mode on!
Userlevel 1
Close inactive apps, turn-off bluetooth, and carry a battery pack 🙂
Turn down your screen brightness - this is the part of your phone that typically uses the most energy. This can also include using dark themes and backgrounds for apps.

Even better, get an app that automatically adjusts your brightness to a lower level than the default setting. Some will even allow you to custom map the parameters.
Plenty of ideas as above are all good. BUT TRY A BATTERY SAVING APP. Applications running in the background are one of the top culprits of slowing down your smartphone. I use an app that hibernates all the inactive and abnormal behaving background apps. Doing so, this battery saver app stops these background apps from consuming battery power and prevents the lagging of your smartphone.
Userlevel 1
Close down apps you are not using and use power save mode

Why iD Mobile?