Review your current phone against the iPhone 11 - Closed

• 13 September 2019
  • 7 replies
Review your current phone against the iPhone 11 - Closed
Userlevel 8
Badge
Review your current phone against the iPhone 11 and win £50!
To celebrate the launch of the iPhone 11, we’re asking you to turn reviewer and dazzle us. The iPhone 11 is packed with some pretty amazing features, but how does your current phone measure up? Write a short review of your phone, comparing it to the new iPhone, and post it below.
To give you a hand, we’ve got all the latest news on the iPhone 11, and it looks pretty impressive. If you fancy getting your hands on one, sign up for updates about the iPhone 11 now. We’ll let you know as soon as it’s ready to pre-order.

iPhone 11 specs and features

Camera
The iPhone 11 boasts a 6.1-inch Liquid Retina Display. The dual-camera setup on the iPhone 11 comes with two 12MP lenses: one wide-angle lens and one Ultra Wide. For black and white photographers, there’s beautiful High Key Mono.
When the sun goes down, Night mode will keep your pictures looking great. The front-facing selfie camera now features a Slofie mode for slo-mo selfies. It’ll take Instagram by storm!

Video

Love to film? On the iPhone 11, you can shoot in 4K video in Ultra Wide mode at 60 frames per second. It’s lights, camera, action all in one.

Performance and software

The iPhone 11’s gives a next-level gaming experience. The new A13 Bionic next-gen chip is the fastest CPU ever in a smartphone.
But how does your phone match up?

How to enter
Comment below with a short review of your current phone. In the review, we want you to compare it to the new iPhone 11.
When it comes to the latest phones, you guys know your stuff. Now we want you to share that knowledge with the rest of the iD Community.
Are there any features that you think your phone can toe to toe against the iPhone 11, or does the iPhone 11 wipe the floor with your device?

Keep your review short and to the point, picking a few features to focus on. For the kind of things you should be looking for, check out our iPhone comparison piece for inspiration.

We’ll pick 2 of our favourite and send a £50 Currys PC World voucher to the winner.

The competition closes on the 30th September - so get reviewing, get posting and (hopefully) get spending your prize money. (T&Capply)

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 2
The MiPhone Minus XI Review

The MiPhone Minus XI boasts a superb dual aspect feature of both front and back surfaces. Symettricalisation of the DAF ensures smooth handling and ease of operation of the multi-functional Mi-GPSD (Mi - Glass Panel Selection Device)

With its WWYPI (Whichever Way You Point It) multi purpose camera, I'm never left guessing which feature to use on the MiPhone Minus XI Omni-Graphic Display.

Do you take pictures at night? Then the MiPhone Minus XI has just the feature you’ve been waiting for. The multi-purpose Nocturnal Imagine System (NIS) will have you taking pictures in limited optical surroundings as quick as a flash. NIS relies on the multi-functionality of lights and speed giving your pictures a clear, sharp feature so that you can see things that even your naked eyes couldn’t in the real life event. It’ll give your MySpace profile the professional look favoured by Vloggers, Bloggers, Tweeters, Fleeters and Farters!!

The MiPhone Minus XI’s state of the art feature often overlooked by its rivals is the 11th Generation Tri-Comm Activity (11GTA) chip which allows you to talk to friends, colleagues, businesses, family members or anyone else with a phone in near perfect symmetry and privacy**. The second feature of the 11GTA is the Textualisationality Mode enabling you to write often pointless messages without the need for grammaticalisation or spellability. Wowzer! And last, but by no means least, the Emailicon brings the Tri-Comm Activity function into the 22nd Century giving the Interfacer (you!) the means to send and receive longer messages that, on the whole, you neither need nor want.

MiPhone Minus XI – what is there not to like...

**Terms and conditions apply to the privacy feature of the MiPhone Minus XI. You must be in a sealed room with no access to the outside world!.

Sent from my MiPhone Minus XII limited edition tester phone
Badge +10
MY iPhone 6S specs and features review:
Can make and receive calls, text and take great pictures with a built flash.
Can hold it in your hand or against your ear, has a touch responsive screen.
Comes preloaded with Apps you might need to get on with your everyday tasks.
Allows you to keep in touch with friends, family and work colleges.
Has built in tracking features you expect from any mobile such as GPS and WiFi
Adequate storage space for music, video, pictures and a few hundred text messages.

Features it will not do:
All the general mundane everyday stuff

Features it definitely will do:
Make a call
Receive a call
Send and receive text and picture messages
Take a picture or video in appropriate lighting
Browse the world wide web

iPhone 11 specs and features review:
Can make and receive calls, text and take amazing pictures without the need for a flash.
Can hold it in your hand or against your ear, has a multi-functional touch screen.
Comes preloaded with Apps you might need to get on with your everyday tasks.
Allows you to keep in touch with friends, family and work colleges.
Has built in tracking features you expect from any mobile such as GPS and WiFi
More than adequate storage space for music, video, pictures and thousands of text messages.

Features it will not do:
All the general mundane everyday stuff

Features it definitely will do:
Make a call
Receive a call
Send and receive text and picture messages
Take a picture or video in any lighting condition
Browse the world wide web

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion:
Both mobiles can make and receive calls, text and take pictures.
Both mobiles allow you to keep in touch and connect with others.

However the iPhone 11 has a very big edge over its predecessors, better camera and touch screen.
Overhaul a better mobile, I would prefer to spend money on a standalone DSLR camera than a mobile, however I am very biased.
Userlevel 4
I own the galaxy s9 plus which has the same twin cameras 12mp each unless you upgrade to the 11 pro max which has 3 cameras, however my phone beats the iphone 11 battery boasting a 3500 mAh battery unlike the iphone 11 which has 3110, however this is plenty due to apples great battery and low battery mode ,also being able to track battery health helps, it is amazing!One feature I would love to see on my Samsung.My phone also has a bigger display by 0. 26 cm of display with the Samsung's body ratio being 83% and iPhones 73%.The samsung also has a 6 gig ram 2 more than the iphone 11. The front camera is 6mp more power full on the iphone 10 making it great for selfies.One thing the samsung includes that the iphone does not, is an fingerprint sensor which is rapid on my samsung.However ,the iphone 11 packs a party with Dolby atmos,Dolby digital and Dolby digital plus, just leave your portable stereo at home the sound coming from the 11 will be plenty!One thing I would love coming back from ancient History is the audio jack one thing my samsung includes.Both phones have an ip68 rating, what now is a benchmark for any mainstream flagships.More shooting modes and camera features are included in the iphone, for example: auto flash, face detection, touch to focus and burst mode.Video recording wise my samsung is equipped with its dual 'adapt like an eye' cameras.However the last laugh goes to apple as they have made it more affordable,shame those prices are only reflected in the US.

If asked which phone , I would go for my s9 as it is suitable for the things I do , and worth my money.

If you are a teck and fashion geek who can fork up £750 and you love apple and love taking selfies this is the phone for you.
Userlevel 8
Badge
Congrats! @terrywebbs @NH101

You have been selected as our competition winner. Well done! You have won a £50 Curry's voucher.

You’ll receive an email today with all the relevant details.

A huge thank you to everyone who entered and reviewed your current phone against the iPhone 11.

Keep an eye out for upcoming competitions 😁
Userlevel 4
When should I get an email by?
Badge +10
OMG I won, thank you so much ID mobile!
...here is what I bought with my winnings

...needed a new wireless controller for the PS4 so the girlfriend can start gaming with me!
Game on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Congratulations @terrywebbs @NH101!

@terrywebbs Check out Crash Team Racing if you haven't already got it! 😁
Why iD Mobile?