Question

4G network connection issues

• 4 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

For several days now I have had issues with connecting to the Internet when not using WiFi. There appears to be no 4g available therefore I am unable to utilise any Internet services when away from my home WiFi. Please can someone help me rectify this issue? 

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re terribly sorry to hear of this @Victorianapoleon30 

Is this happening just at home, or everywhere you go?

Could you give us a full example postcode(s) of an area you’ve noticed problems so that we can check the local mast to there for any known issues?

When was it you first noticed issues starting?

Userlevel 1

Hi this is happening everywhere I go, my postcode is TS14 8DG. I first noticed the issues on Sunday. Any help would be great thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Victorianapoleon30,

How far away from your home area do you go when still experiencing the same issues? A postcode for those areas would be great also. 

We can see that there has been a few instances of unplanned outages of the masts, and your nearest 4G mast is currently down as things stand but there is planned work scheduled for today, and the mast status should be updated by 16:00 this evening.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I have been in TS10, TS12, TS14, areas mainly and it just says no Internet connection when I am unable to connect to any WiFi.

Please could you update me if the mast issues are not rectified today?

Kind regards, 

Victoria 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Victorianapoleon30, like Ryan said, it looks like we’re expecting work to be concluded after 16:00 today. I’d recommend performing a reboot of the handset at 17:00 and letting us know how it’s getting on either way. 

Will

For several days now I have had issues with connecting to the Internet when not using WiFi. There appears to be no 4g available therefore I am unable to utilise any Internet services when away from my home WiFi. Please can someone help me rectify this issue? 

I am having the same issues in Brentwood Essex - I only purchased the phone yesterday and cant get through to ID at all

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Celtic joe,

Could you please try toggling the Airplane mode on and off for us please? there was an issue with data that we’re aware of, but that’s now been rectified.

Please let us know how you get on either way, so that we may provide further support if required.

Will

Why iD Mobile?