Question

4g signal keeps dropping

• 27 February 2020
  • 14 replies

Iv had my phone from ID for overĀ  a year now.. personal phone used as back up for work as i work out and about and need good internet connection . These last 4 ish months iv noticed my signal keeps dropping.. Keeps showing H+ on my phone, so rather poor. But before the period I was very happy with the service.. I did see about that time the THREE the carrier network were having issues so i left if a few months to see if it would be resolved.

Ā Iv got the Huawei P smart.Ā  I try rebooting, turning data on a off.. occasionally works..Ā 

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Weā€™re sorry for any recent coverage issues youā€™ve facedĀ @Barty64Ā 

If you could confirm your full postcode for us weā€™d be happy to check in to find out if any known issues have been reported to be affecting your local mast(s).

Or if you would like a PAC (code) to take your number to another provider -or- simply have your services disconnected.

Then either contact our Live Chat Team here:Ā https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Or let us know if youā€™d like us to send you a private message to help further from our side.

Userlevel 1

HiĀ @Barty64,

Thank you for that. From the looks of things,Ā one nearby mast is reporting congestion but others are fine and the coverage is very good.

The congestionĀ may be why the connection drops from 4G to 3G at times but all we can say is that as long as there is some form of data connection there, you will have access to the services. Iā€™m sorry that we cannot advise much more here.

Ryan

Hi Ryan..when the 4G drops out I don't get 3G..it shows H with arrows...this is not any connection and not what I was hoping...very disappointed with this issue and am thinking of cancelling my ID ...

Userlevel 1

No I've not got another phone..I'm due an upgrade today so will be going with another provider..

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Barty64,

When you see ā€˜Hā€™ this is another way of the phone displaying a similar 3G connection. ā€˜Hā€™ is faster than 3G but lower than 4G, kind of like 3.5G if you will.

Iā€™m hoping that the network masts are upgraded very soon to get you back up to 4G speeds.

Ryan

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Barty64Ā 

Ā 

Would you be able to try your SIM card in another phone to see if the problem still occurs?

Ā 

MichelleĀ 

Userlevel 1

Hi.my postcode is PE276TB..

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Barty64,

Thank you for that. From the looks of things,Ā one nearby mast is reporting congestion but others are fine and the coverage is very good.

The congestionĀ may be why the connection drops from 4G to 3G at times but all we can say is that as long as there is some form of data connection there, you will have access to the services. Iā€™m sorry that we cannot advise much more here.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I have a samsung galaxy A7 and it does the same thing..is there an issue with ID..

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Barty64,

We will send you a PM now so that we can investigate this further with our Technical Team.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan..when the H appears i don't get any mobile data at all and won't connect to Internet.. what is the point of paying for unlimited data if I can't use it..is there any update on the mast fix....regards Christine

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

Ā 

This is likely due to be down to congestion.

However, you can try forcing your phone to LTE (which is 4G!) and seeing if that helps. You can do this by using apps from Google Play like this one.

Three are also upgrading their network quickly via their ā€œBig Network Buildā€.

Ā 

Keep safe in these uncertain times,

octopus16

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Sorry to hear about thatĀ @Barty64.

What are the exact symptoms of the issue that you are facing? Do you happen to have zero data signal at times or does it only drop to 3G/H instead of 4G? We have no widespread outages at this time.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan..I get 4G only if I turn my flight mode on then off..I get the 4G for about 5/10 mins max then drops to H...

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

HowdyĀ @tuggler1968Ā 

Have you been able to try another SIM in your phone to see if things seem to fair fine with that SIM?Ā 

Just to help rule out that no weird issue with the Huawei itself is at play.

Ā 

Weā€™d need you to contact us through one of the means below and provide us with your full postcode in order to look into any local issues that could potentially be the root of this problem.

Ā 

If you could, please get in touch with us either through one of the following:

Dialling 0333 003 7777 for our Customer Services Team.

Reaching our Live Chat Team here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us

Ā 

If you're choosing to email us, please include in your email your iD Community username, your full name, home address and postcode, mobile number, and email address.

Why iD Mobile?