Question

Apps no longer accessing data

I've played certain games for the whole duration of having my phone, pixel 2 XL

As of a few days ago no apps that require internet other than Google apps will connect. My internet speed is slow and not loading various sites, and my hotspot has became very unreliable. 

I have unlimited data so don't understand why I'm having these problems and why they've occured only in the last few days 

Please advise as im barely able to use it

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

It sounds as though their may be an outage or some maintenance in your local area if this has just happened all of a sudden. I’ll drop you a PM with more info @Lewduff .

Cheers,

Will

I've tried 3 different phones,

All are having the same problem so it's definitely the network.

No apps needing internet access will work or connect,

My internet is terribly slow and so is my hotspot

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Lewduff 

Can you check your coverage status https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage  to find any issues that may be reported recently .

Let us know .

Thanks, 

Pearl

same here apps not working ring and nest. some websites....tried EE sim.swap in phone and works fine back to three and no good .network without a doubt three says not an issue at postcode please sort out asap.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @hotlurve,

I am sorry to hear this, just to clear things up here are you using a Three SIM card or an iD Mobile SIM card? I know we use the same network but we need to be sure that we can help further here.

Ryan

i d mobile sim on three network

so to clarify  i have put an ee sim in my phone and everything works as it should, tethering to a hotspot also works as should. connecting to home wifi again works as should.

go back to 4g on my id sim (three network) problems start.... slow browsing, some websites time out before loading...somw apps ie ring doorbell and nest thermostat wont connect at all. tried restarting ph airplane mode ect no change.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @hotlurve 

I have sent you a private message with more instructions. 

Regards

Aklima 

Hi,

Im having exactly the same issues.. 

Would I be able to get the same instructions that were sent out to this member above as it seems to have solved their issue.

Many thanks,

Don’t bother I D didn’t solve the problem they don’t know what it is and neither does the three network! In fact they flatly deny there is an issue...

i solved the problem myself……….. I left !    went with Lebata on the Vodafone network ...unlimited minutes  For the same money.. and 4 g works perfectly on the same phone and in the same place!

left ID on three ….. problem solved.

Wow.

Its annoying that with all the pre-research and the reviews I read into unlimited sim only deals, not one hint or mention about these issues.. even from some reputable price compare sites/companies.

appreciate that you posted a reply mate and it held some honesty!

I’ll check them out now. 

cheers. 

Same for me, i rejoined after being with Ee and since joining with ID the data is rubbish, as if it purposefully slows certain sites and apps. 

definitely  something up that is not being disclosed. 

Full bar and 4g and takes and age to load webpages. Speed tests say 20-30mb/s, connect to WiFi and no problem, back to data and slow again as if there’s no signal. Other sims all no problem. 

so is ID going to admit they have some issue or contractural arrangement with 3? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Arwyn, sorry to hear you’re having trouble with mobile data on certain apps and sites. If you contact our Live Chat team, they’ll be able to log a technical ticket and look into this for you.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?