Solved

Austria roaming

• 10 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
My daughter is in south east Austria (Turracher Höhe) with an ID mobile SIM card in her phone. She flew into Slovenia where her mobile signal was fine but she has had no signal either on her travel to resort or whilst in resort (journey to resort was about 2 hours).
Are there problems with Id mobile partner networks in this area?
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Kevin 12 December 2018, 14:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Hello Arrow,

I would recommend that your daughter searches for an alternative Mobile Phone Network and tries to register on another mobile network as it maybe the network she was previously connected to is out of range. If that does not work it can sometimes help to restart the phone and the phone will try and connect to the available network in that location. This occurs when you land at an airport and as the phone connects it tries first home network (ID Mobile) then notes that the location is not UK and then tries local networks it can connect to.

Hope that helps
Ian
Userlevel 1
Thanks for this.
Scanned for networks and 4x were found

A1
T-MobileA
3AT
3AT (a second time)

All four have been tried however only 3AT allows a connection. The signal connects with 3 out of 4 bars but there is no Data connecting.
We have checked and roaming and mobile data are definitely on.
Also she has done a phone restart but this has not helped.

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Hi Arrow,

Sorry you are still having problems, can you confirm that your daughter has activated Roaming on your iD account? The steps are for turning on roaming are:

• Select ‘Services’.

• Toggle ‘Roaming’ on.

I hope that helps

Best Regards
Ian
Userlevel 1
Yes - thanks. Roaming is fully activated on the account as you suggested. It is strange as it was working fine in Slovenia where she first landed but it stopped after crossing into Austria.

Many thanks

Andy
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @Arrow77.

In Austria, you would want to be connecting to the 3 network.

Your daughter may need to manually enter some APN settings within her network settings on her phone.
Be sure to delete any old profiles or settings from a previous network first, then enter the following:

Name: iD
APN: id
Username:
Password:

MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS APN Username:
MMS APN Password:
MMS Port: 8799

* anything with should be left blank
Userlevel 1
Hi
Many thanks for your help
We couldn’t get to a menu that showed those settings on her iPhone but we did a network setting reset through the menus and the data has now connected with 4g

Andy

Why iD Mobile?