Question

Bad signal/not what ID Mobile promised

• 27 March 2019
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 1
Since I have been an ID Mobile Customer I ha e had poor signal, extremely poor 2-3 bars I have not had any 4G signal at all all the time i have had the sim, I feel hard done by ID Mobile and feel I was offered a service that I am not receiving is there any rules about offering a great service then getting a very poor one,? I mean I feel as if I should be getting money off my bill as they are not keeping their end of the deal up, I was promised good signal with 4G and I got terrible signal with no 4G what so ever, feel really let down by ID Mobile service I understand they piggy back off of three network but this is for no excuse for terrible signal. If you cannot offer a certain signal you should not advertise it as this is complete false advertising. I would advice that ID Mobile piggy back off another company if three network are not giving them enauth signal like o2 giffgaff and tesco mobile are great signals and they both piggy back off o2, ideally I would like this problem to be resolved or worked out with me by contacting me by email, if not and the signal continues to be extremely poor I will have to save some money to buy myself out of the contract with yourself, s but I would be looking for a discount as I have not been receiving what I am paying for!! Sought it out please ID Mobile!

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Starkey93,

We're sorry to hear you're not experiencing the coverage you were expecting. When you say "was offered a service that I am not receiving" can you clarify on this. Where did you purchase the handset/SIM contract? Was this purchase made in a Carphone Warehouse store and you were advised of a great coverage in your area?

We offer a Coverage Checker on our website, however, clearly advertise that this is an estimate. We can only provide an estimate into the levels of coverage we would expect in your area. This is why, we offer a 30-day returns on all contracts purchased directly from iD Mobile and a 14-day returns on contracts purchased via Carphone Warehouse.

Have you contacted us/Carphone Warehouse to report the coverage issues in this time?

What does the Coverage Checker show for coverage: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/uk-coverage-checker

Kind Regards,
Mohammed
Userlevel 1
@Mohammed

I purchased from Carphone Warehouse, 14 days is unfortunately not enough time to figure out how good the signal really is. At the time I did not know I'd offered a 30 day trial, but ideally this is besides the point, ID Piggy back off of Three network, three has great signals strength so seeing the ID used them I felt assured that I would not have any problems as Three have a good reputation for there Signal Strength, so you can understand how upset I am having had the sim for 4-5 months now and the best signal output I have received is 3 bars, the signal is that bad that I went to giffgaff to get a sim card as I have been told even though they piggy back off o2 and have amazing signal, the giffgaff sim has 5 Bars and 4G service almost all of the time! So piggy backing of a bigger network and using that as an excuse that the signal maybe not as strong because of that is just nonsense, at the end of the day when purchasing a contract you are not just paying for your handset you are paying for the Service they offer if that service continues to under perform (2-3 bars Max! With no 4G service) then that's just not good enough from the trust pilot reviews of ID Mobile it's seems this is having to alot of your customers?? If your network coverage is poor why on earth would you offer contracted mobile phones, wouldnt it just be better to offer PAYG sims to test the network out. Ensuring that service and customer service is at the peak of everything you do? As I am typing now my ID sim has like one little bar lol, complete joke
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Starkey93,

We are sorry to hear about the signal issues that you are experiencing.

Please could you advise what the coverage was showing as at this link;
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/uk-coverage-checker

If you are experiencing issues still we can take a further look into it if you send us an email 

In regards to the 14 days coverage guarantee this is something that Carphone Warehouse provide as standard for all new contracts. When the new contract is purchased through iD Mobile directly you would have 30 days to test the coverage in your area.

Kash

Been ringing id since January had a call from id in March never been able to get the issue resolved I keep ringing on my home phone now its costing me more money they still have not rang me back to resolve the issue with my mobile phone I've complained how annoying it is I just rang to be told that I have to pay the rest of the contract but I do not get any service from them they won't pay my costs for my land line can anyone please help me
Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Christopher,
Can you give us more information on your issue and the resolution you are looking for so we can try to understand and help

Phil

I've never been able to get signal in my own house, even when i am out i get 1 bar at most. That stupid coverage checker says that my area is apparently excellent, someone is lying. Oh and don't try to tell me it's the handset, I have tried it in 4 different phones and they all yield the same results.

You could fix this problem or cancel the contract for misleading me.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Jaybaw,

We're sorry to hear about this! Please can you send us an email regarding the issues you have faced, along with your full address so we can check things out for you?

Ryan

Userlevel 1
This happened to me too when I bought a Three SIM which is the main network which iD uses. I was mislead by a Three store in my local town. They said I would receive a 4G+ signal with over 50mbps. So did their coverage map. But I only have 1 bar 3G. All I can suggest is that you buy a GiffGaff or O2 SIM. My service with them is much faster and reliable, with true 5 bars 4G+. I then realised that Three were using an O2 SIM in a Three store! And remained it "Android". I was disappointed with this misleading behavior.
Userlevel 2
This happened to me too when I bought a Three SIM which is the main network which iD uses. I was mislead by a Three store in my local town. They said I would receive a 4G+ signal with over 50mbps. So did their coverage map. But I only have 1 bar 3G. All I can suggest is that you buy a GiffGaff or O2 SIM. My service with them is much faster and reliable, with true 5 bars 4G+. I then realised that Three were using an O2 SIM in a Three store! And remained it "Android". I was disappointed with this misleading behavior.
Does your phone support Band 20/4G calling by any chance?
Userlevel 2
That is straight up illegal 😂 what the store is doing
They've gotta be breaking at least a few consumer laws if that's true
Userlevel 1
It was at the time when O2 and Three were thinking of a merger though!
Userlevel 1

This happened to me too when I bought a Three SIM which is the main network which iD uses. I was mislead by a Three store in my local town. They said I would receive a 4G+ signal with over 50mbps. So did their coverage map. But I only have 1 bar 3G. All I can suggest is that you buy a GiffGaff or O2 SIM. My service with them is much faster and reliable, with true 5 bars 4G+. I then realised that Three were using an O2 SIM in a Three store! And remained it "Android". I was disappointed with this misleading behavior.Does your phone support Band 20/4G calling by any chance?

Yes it does. Samsung Galaxy S9.

This is very much my problem too. Since I have been with ID mobile my most used feature on the phone is the air plane mode toggle. As I constantly need to rescan so it finds signal again. This happens while stationary or on the move. Your service resembles dial up connection more than it does any new generation tech.

Fyi I managed this post using 2 toggles on airplane mode.

iPhone 8, monthly rolling contract, Central London. 

Userlevel 1

This seems to be very common with ID, sign people up for 24 month contracts that they know they cant honour with good service, and otherwise you have to pay to get out of. Over the past year i cant think of a single month where ive had signal everyday!! Same old drivvle when i contact id (ohh it must be your phone, try your sim in different phone etc) coz so many of us just have spare phone that are sim compatible just laying around!! Always offered compensation (if i contact them AGAIN!! Once the issues finished) whats the point didnt even receive my measly £2 compensation when the network went down for 3 days last year.. I, like you, feel that my contract should be discounted as it has not delivered properly on what was promised.. Absolutely shocking network! So glad my contract is nearly done!! 

I bought my a new phone and transferred from vodaphone to ID recently.  I was advised that the network coverage would be very good and every time I check it it shows good coverage, however, I seem to only ever have one bar of network. I am really disappointed with the service and would prefer to move back to vodaphone as it seems so much more reliable. I am within my 30 days of purchasing online - can you advise me how to do this

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Kim Adams,

I’m sorry to hear about that issue. We have an article on returns here however if you need our further help with that then please let us know.

Ryan

Since I have been an ID Mobile Customer I ha e had poor signal, extremely poor 2-3 bars I have not had any 4G signal at all all the time i have had the sim, I feel hard done by ID Mobile and feel I was offered a service that I am not receiving is there any rules about offering a great service then getting a very poor one,? I mean I feel as if I should be getting money off my bill as they are not keeping their end of the deal up, I was promised good signal with 4G and I got terrible signal with no 4G what so ever, feel really let down by ID Mobile service I understand they piggy back off of three network but this is for no excuse for terrible signal. If you cannot offer a certain signal you should not advertise it as this is complete false advertising. I would advice that ID Mobile piggy back off another company if three network are not giving them enauth signal like o2 giffgaff and tesco mobile are great signals and they both piggy back off o2, ideally I would like this problem to be resolved or worked out with me by contacting me by email, if not and the signal continues to be extremely poor I will have to save some money to buy myself out of the contract with yourself, s but I would be looking for a discount as I have not been receiving what I am paying for!! Sought it out please ID Mobile!

id is crap network and scams us into being too late to realise just how bad it really is. If you live or work in barking do not use this network wow as soon as i enter barking my internet does not work it will cut whilst your using anything from tiktoc to facebook youtube safari and anything i got iphone 11 and did not expect the internet to be that bad like cant even blame the phone 

Userlevel 1

ID mobile signal is the worst.  I’ve had a mobile since the analogue days.  I’m unfortunately locked into a 2 year deal with a 22ultra (phone is great).  They just increased my tariff as well!  Not impressed.  Now paying £40 a month for absolutely terrible coverage…  I have a Giff Gaff sim in the phone for comparison, and it always has around 3-4 bars stronger signal

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

ID mobile signal is the worst.  I’ve had a mobile since the analogue days.  I’m unfortunately locked into a 2 year deal with a 22ultra (phone is great).  They just increased my tariff as well!  Not impressed.  Now paying £40 a month for absolutely terrible coverage…  I have a Giff Gaff sim in the phone for comparison, and it always has around 3-4 bars stronger signal

Hey John, sorry to hear that.

Our contracts come with a 30-day returns for any purchased directly from us.

This gives plenty of time (and more than other networks) to fully test the service and return if unhappy with the signal.

We do offer WiFi Calling and 4G Calling to help boost the signal on compatible phones and you can read about this here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/4g-calling

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?