Call failed when I try to call out?

Everytime I make a call i get a message saying call failed call back. Anybody got an idea as to why please

19 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @lawrence,

Welcome to the iD community!

This is a strange issue, does the phone dial at all before this message is displayed? Also, do you have any signal when attempting these calls?

Please let us know.

Ryan
I have same problem when i call someone most of time i take “call failed” as a response and also if someone takes a “busy” it goes call failed again.
one more thing when i make call without calling sound i mean “bip” connecting. Why?
thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @cesurkalem,

Could you confirm for us your full postcode so we can take a look at the coverage in your area please?

Could you also answer the following:
Also, do you have any signal when attempting these calls?

If you're seeing "No service" then that may also indicate the issues.

A screenshot of your homescreen showing the coverage may also help!

Mohammed
E4 area in London, there is no any signal problem or no service in my area. I cannot hear calling sound when i call someone especially some of my friends who is using ID network. There is no busy tones after they make busy my calls. I think you have to check your network there are some issues. Let you know. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @cesurkalem,

Are you able to provide a screenshot of your homescreen so we can see what level of coverage you're getting right now?

Could you also confirm the full postcode for us so we can check this?

Mohammed
E4 6ST the postcode what will you do i try to understand because you don’t need to location by location. You have to check your network. This is technical issue.
thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks for providing this to us @cesurkalem,

E4 is just a general postcode which covers a wide area. We ask for the full postcode to narrow it down so we can find the closest serving masts in your area and then we check the masts to see if any of them are affected.

I asked for a screenshot of the homescreen to determine how many bars of signal you were getting such as No service, which would mean you're not connected to a network, or in your case, full bars which would indicate a mast issue.

I've checked the local masts and can see that there is currently some long term outage affecting one of the masts providing coverage to you.

From our website:
We're aware there's been a network problem in your area for some time. We're really sorry if your services are affected – we're doing all we can to fix it.
The nature of this problem means we need to work with another company which makes solving it more complex. Rest assured, we're pushing them to help us as soon as they can.

Due to the complexity of the issue, it's taking a little longer to resolve this.

We wouldn't expect you to experience issues away from this area.

It may be worth looking into WiFi Calling on https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling
As this may help where you're impacted in making/receiving calls.

At this moment in time, we can only but apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing.

Mohammed
Your response is usefulness. You have technical issues about calling. Most of time call failed still continue. There is no bip sound beginning of the calling between ID users especially. You have to sort it out those problems.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @cesurkalem,

We can see that there is still some work on-going with the mast(s) in your area, as seen by the information on our coverage checker so we can only kindly ask for your patience here whilst our engineers get this sorted.

Ryan
I am not talking about area why are you still continue same answer. I am living that issues in zone 2, zone 1 too if you will be happier to hear areas. You have technical issues in general about ringing sound while calling someone especially between ID users and call faild.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @cesurkalem,

Sorry if we're mistaken, however I haven't seen where you mention that you are having issues in Zone 1 & 2; I'm guessing this is referring to central London?

If you are facing issues elsewhere from your home address then please raise this issue to our Live Chat team here and our Tech Team will take a look.

Ryan
When click your live chat i cannot enter and cannot login your website, app too. Something wrong since two days...

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi cesurkalem, do you get this problem when using 4G too ?

Are you able to access http://my.idmobile.co.uk direct?

Phil
I have general problem for access to id website, app and my account over 3G, 4G and wifi too
I can access directly my account but dashboard is not correct, same problem since three days

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @cesurkalem

Are you able to access the iD Mobile App from within your phone? or are you only trying to access through a mobile browser?

Have you tried clearing the cookies/ cache in whichever internet browser you use on your phone?
and/ or Have you had any success when trying a separate browser on your phone?
website and app login problem sort it out but still i have call fail problem and ringing sound “beep” between ID users especially. Without beep connected calls directly
It’s looks like call failed problem just on 4G network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @cesurkalem,

Thanks for confirming that.

Can you try the SIM in another phone?

This will route out whether the phone has a fault with the 4G hardware or there's an issue with the 4G serving masts you're connecting to.

We'd recommend using 3G for the time-being.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?