Solved

Why do my calls cut off at a 2 hour limit?

• 11 July 2018
  • 9 replies

Why do my calls only last 2 hours 1 minute before cutting out every single time. This happens every time with incoming and outgoing calls.
icon

Best answer by Ryan 12 July 2018, 16:15

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Sophie11855,

With outgoing calls on our network, this time limit is a feature implemented to prevent any calls lasting too long, say, if it was an accidental call or pocket dial for example. This is simply to prevent you being overcharged.

The incoming calls will be cut off because the network used by the person who is calling you will also have the same safety feature enabled.

I hope this helps.

Ryan
How do I turn this off please? I need to make outgoing calls over 2 hours regularly
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi Lucie,

Just to clarify the issue you're having, is it where the calls that you're making are being cut off when you're on a particularly long call?

Ryan
HI Ryan, yes it's when I dial into long meetings for work that my call disconnects after 2 hours. I appreciate the feature is there for a reason but I find it is not practical. Am I able to over ride this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Lucie cocks,

It wouldn't be something we could override unfortunately. As we use Three UK's network infrastructure for our coverage, the change would be something that would need to be implemented by Three UK. This would affect all users so it's not as simple as turning off the feature for a specific number. Sorry about that!

Mohammed

On my case all the calls cut off after 20 seconds. Why this is happening?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Rebeca 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Hi, i would like to know why my phone calls limit to 2 hours, but before it was 3 hours. I'm in Philippines. Do telcos limit their call duration time? If not, maybe may partner intentionally do that on his phone? Do you think? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Crisl,

If you’re roaming then this may be a restriction by the roaming partner you're connected to.

You could just dial back after the call ends should only take a moment to reconnect.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?