Question

Can make WiFi calls but can't receive them?

I can make wifi calls but I can't receive them. Please help.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I can make wifi calls but I can't receive them. Please help.

Hello @Crazyfox69,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Are you still having issues with this?

Mohammed

I can make wifi calls but I can't receive them. Please help.Hello @Crazyfox69,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Are you still having issues with this?

Mohammed

Yes I am still having this problem.

Jon
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Crazyfox69,

Can you try resetting your network settings?

A few others had the same issues but a restart and/or resetting network settings did the trick for this.

Mohammed

Hey @Crazyfox69,

A few others had the same issues but a restart and/or resetting network settings did the trick for this.

MohammedHey @Crazyfox69,

Mohammed
I have tried that several times, but I just tried it again.
Still not working for incoming SMS or phone calls.
Just noticed on the My Services section in says:-
Keep My Number.Sorry, your port-in request can't be submitted at the moment. Please try again later.

I don't know if that is relevant.

Also everything was going straight to voicemail.
I just turned off voicemail and now when I ring my ID mobile the line is giving the line busy tone when it is not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Crazyfox69,

What phone are you currently using?

It's very odd that you're not able to receive calls for WiFi calling but fine with making them.

The "Keep My Number" section in the app only refers to if you are going to be porting your number over.

Are you porting your number?

Mohammed
Hello @Crazyfox69,

It's very odd that you're not able to receive calls for WiFi calling but fine with making them.

The "Keep My Number" section in the app only refers to if you are going to be porting your number over.

Mohammed

I am using an iphone 5S.
I agree it is odd that I can make wifi calls but not receive them, this is why I am asking for help. I have tried all the obvious stuff.
I ported my number weeks ago.

Hello @Crazyfox69,

Mohammed
I am using an iphone 5S.
I agree it is odd that I can make wifi calls but not receive them, this is why I am asking for help. I have tried all the obvious stuff.
I ported my number weeks ago.

When I try to ring my mobile when voicemail is switched off I get the engaged tone.
Do you know why that is?
I would have thought that was at the heart of the problem.
What do you think?
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Crazyfox69
Are you able to receive calls normally when not using WiFi calling?

Voicemail settings would not affect this unless Voicemail was set to immediately answer the call,
If Voicemail is active, this can be set to the maximum of 30 seconds using this code. **61*123**30#

-Phil
Hi Crazyfox69

Voicemail settings would not affect this unless Voicemail was set to immediately answer the call,
If Voicemail is active, this can be set to the maximum of 30 seconds using this code. **61*123**30#

-Phil
Hi Crazyfox69

-Phil

Sadly, I haven't been able find that out yet as I don't get any mobile signal where I am. WiFi calling is why I moved to ID mobile. I am unable at the moment to go anywhere with mobile signal.

Hi Crazyfox69

-Phil
Sadly, I haven't been able find that out yet as I don't get any mobile signal where I am. WiFi calling is why I moved to ID mobile. I am unable at the moment to go anywhere with mobile signal.

Update:- I got a friend to test my phone on ID mobile signal and he was able to call fine. He was also able to text, so the problem is just with texting and phoning in on ID WiFi call.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Crazyfox69,

Thanks for confirming that for us. Have you tried the WiFi calling feature when using another WiFi network? Sometimes, if the bandwidth isn't sufficient enough, some WiFi calling features can be affected.

Ryan
Hi @Crazyfox69,

Thanks for confirming that for us. Have you tried the WiFi calling feature when using another WiFi network? Sometimes, if the bandwidth isn't sufficient enough, some WiFi calling features can be affected.

Ryan

My broadband speed is well over 20mb/s. Haven't been able to check it on a different WiFi network though.

Hi @Crazyfox69,

Ryan
My broadband speed is well over 20mb/s. Haven't been able to check it on a different WiFi network though.

I forgot to say but not only do I get an engaged tone when I ring my mobile on wifi calling but I also don't get texts from Android phones but texts from iphones come through without a problem.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Crazyfox69,

We would require you to try the WiFi calling feature on another network, just so we can rule that section out. If the WiFi calling still fails to work whilst on another network then let us know so that we can investigate this further.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?