Question

Can’t make calls

• 5 April 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi, I have been trying to port my number from 02 to iD; my o2 has stopped working (stopped yesterday afternoon) but my iD sim doesn’t appear to be working.

I understood that the porting process wouldn’t disrupt my use of my phone; however I am unable to send/receive text message or calls.

any number I try to ring I get the message “the number you have called cannot be recognised”

i have now been been with out a means of communication for over 24 hours and am in desperate need of the ability to make phonecalls!

i obviously can’t ring customer services and if appears your live chat is always busy- can someone please get back to me to let me know what’s happening!!?

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @JayneG

Have you tried rebooting your phone? Just to refresh things?

When did you request your number to be ported? Usually it takes 2-3 working days for your number to be fully transferred to ID.

On iPhone models, helps turning off iMessage as this often cause some interference after porting your number. After everything is successfully ported and your number is up and running you can turn on iMessage again.

Kind Regards
I’ve been rebooting my phone almost constantly since my o2 sim stopped working!

Ive turned off iMessage in the hopes that helps.

I understand it can take a few days for the numbers to be ported over; but was under the impression the original iD number on the sim would work in the mean time; that number is also not working.

i requested the move on Wednesday morning so today is the 3rd working day and I have been unable to make any calls in that whole period.

I am am fine with waiting for my number to be ported but not with this inability to use either number or sim!
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @JayneG,

Did your number port fully complete since posting your message?

Ryan
Finally fully ported. Not impressed with the lack of communication regarding an apparently known issue. Not a great start
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @JayneG,

I understand your disappointment, and we're sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused during this period. If you need anything else then please let us know here, or through our Live Chat team here.

Ryan

Can't make calls

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Can't make calls

Hello @treddan  can you give us a bit more information here?

What numbers to? All, or just some?

What error do you get or message do you hear?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?