Solved

Can’t make calls, texts or use my mobile date.

• 15 January 2019
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
The past week I’ve been unable to make calls, send texts or use mobile data. Yet I can receive calls and texts. Tried changing the APN settings with Id on live chat to no avail, who then suggested I take it to a shop. Took it in today, they said probably a duff sim, so done a sim swap there and then for me, came home, waited for the sim to change and I’ve still got the same problem. I’m guessing Id have screwed up my settings somewhere maybe? I’m a loss. Any ideas please?
icon

Best answer by Kevin 17 January 2019, 14:29

View original

14 replies

I have the same problem since last week. Loaded my pay as you go SIM with a bundle but didn't work, call the online help, it said currently there seems some issue with the pay as you go customer. need 24 hours for them to give feedback
Userlevel 1
Mine is contract so sounds like this issue is bigger then what they think!!
Ive been told to wait 48 hours for the technical team to contact me. Joke really. Paying all this money for something I can't even use!!
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @Looloobelle1980

Are you fully up to date with your payments? You should be able to find this out within your iD Mobile App or the My Account area online.

On rare occasion we've seen issues we're customers have had a Direct Debit fail, and subsequently been barred for outbound services you see.

If that's not it, then could you possibly pop your iD Mobile SIM in another handset in the house to see if you can make calls/ texts/ use data there? If you can, then that would allude to the problems being specifically with your handset or it's setting's.

It might be worth speaking with our Live Chat Team here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us to see if they can help if problems still persist.
Userlevel 1
Kevin thanks for the response. Yes all paid and up to date never a problem there. My sim was taken out and put in another phone and didn't work and another sim was put in my phone and it worked fine which proves it's a network problem. Spoke to id meant to be getting a message from the technical team today but I doubt it will arrive. I've spoke to live chat already, they are the ones that went through the APN settings with me, then gave up and told me to go to a Carphone warehouse which I did, they are the ones that tried the different Sims and done a sim swap.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Looloobelle1980,

Just checking up on your issue, has it been resolved?

Ryan
Userlevel 1
It has Ryan, as of yesterday. It took 2 weeks but got there eventually. Network problem.

Don't ID love trying to pass the blame on customers but when looked into more its actually IDs fault removed net work always will be I've been with these for 3 weeks and now yet again another issue can't receive calls or texts what a joke network you are 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry to hear that @Not happy,

If there’s any issue you’re having, feel free to make your own post and we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have if you haven’t been able to find the answer already.

Mohammed

Yous are a joke I paid my bill over 50 hours ago and its 100 pound I dont really have due to not being able to work and after use takin the 100 pound and its came out ma account and still no services and I think yous are a absolutely shocking network SHOCKING

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Richard mcphee,

I’m sorry to see this post was not responded to.

Can you clarify if the issues are now resolved or if you still need assistance?

Thanks

Pearl

Hi

I can't call or text on my mobile I'm up to date with billing

Everytime I try call someone number it comes with an automated response saying I've calling customer service but my bill and is upto date and to if I need customer service call 7777

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Phoenix,

Have you checked your iD Mobile App to see if there are any error messages on their which may be preventing you from making calls? Have you paid your bill after the due date very recently?

Will

Hi will

There's no errors on app

But when I try and send a text and it fails it says error38

My billing is alway upto date. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @Phoenix,

Have you tried the SIM card in another handset to see how it behaves? 

Will

Why iD Mobile?