Question

Can't send MMS Messages

• 27 May 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi, I can't seem to send MMS messages. I've attached a screenshot of my APN settings to help. I'm using a Huawei P20 Pro and my extra usage charges are capped at £10 (I haven't used any) Please help.

7 replies

Badge +10
Hi welcome to the ID community

THE STANDARD STUFF: HOW TO FIX MOBILE INTERNET AND MMS ISSUES?
1. Turn the mobile OFF and then Back ON again. (80% of all issues can be sorted by doing this)
2. Make sure Mobile (cellular) Data is enabled.
3. Make sure 3G or 4G is enabled.
4. Check you have credit and or a DATA plan
5.wifi is known to interfere with DATA (Internet) so turn wifi OFF

I see that you have rightly set a cap limit on the account so you can use other services outside of your allowances, leaving it set at £0.00 will mean you wont be able to send picture messages etc.

Your MMS settings seem correct from the screen shots...

The quickest and easiest way to get your settings is to use our special settings checker. All you need to do is enter your details and select which phone you're using.
Click to go to the Settings Checker.
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings/settings-tool
Hi, I've entered my number and device type (Huawei P20 Pro) but it won't send me updated settings and it the instructions just tell me to enter the settings that are already applied. I still can't send MMS. Any further advice?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @KatieHodgcock,

Can you visit the APN settings screen, there should be 3 dots in a vertical line in the top right corner, tap that and find "reset to defaults"

Then restart the phone.

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed
Hi there,

I'm afraid that it didn't make any difference 😕
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi KatieHodgcock,
Can you confirm that you've tried to send MMS while WiFi is off and Mobile data is on.
Can you try to send a message to yourself? Have you ever received an MMS?

Phil
Hi, yeah, I've tried switching to mobile data when I've got 4g coverage and I've also received several mms but it still won't work 😭
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Katie, do you have APN type further down in the APN settings?

Try changing this to "default,supl,mms" if not already set like that.

Phil

Why iD Mobile?