Solved

Can't send texts

• 4 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi,

I've used iD for several years now, but since Friday last week I haven't been able to send text messages.
I'm able to receive texts, make and receive phone calls, and use data.
I've checked that I still have lots of texts left in my allowance.

I checked the SMSC number by dialling *#*#4636#*#* and it shows like this when I click on Update
"+447782000800", 145

The phone is Google Pixel (the first generation)

Does anyone know if this is correct or if there's anything else I need to check?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by spnig 6 September 2018, 17:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @spnig,

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

The centre number looks correct to me, I'm not sure about the 145.

What error do you get when sending a text?

Is this any number you text?

What about if you text yourself, what happens?
Did you previously have an iPhone at all?
Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi @Mohammed

I forgot to update - I was finally able to send texts again after nearly a week.

The error I got when trying to send text messages is "Message not sent. Phone number formatted incorrectly".

For the benefit of others (maybe)
I went on LiveChat on the iD website yesterday but unfortunately despite the support personnel's efforts we couldn't resolve the issue. We tried setting the mobile network preference to 3G and back to 4G (restating the phone in between), setting the APN to
Name: iD
APN: id
MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS Port: 8799
APN Type: You'll need to choose from a list or type something in. If you're given the list, choose internet+mms. If you're asked to type something, type in a *

This was similar to the existing APN I had except the last bit. It didn't resolve the problem however.

Later that evening I tried unchecking "Automatically select network" on my phone, then selected "iD" when prompted, and reverted back to "Automatically select network" and strangely I was able to send texts after that. It could be a coincidence though, and maybe something else was fixed in the meantime.

Thanks
Spnig
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
That's definitely an odd one indeed @spnig,

I'm glad that a simple fix was the one that resolved this.

I've marked this as the best resolution for you.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?