Solved

Cannot sent SMS texts

• 19 September 2018
  • 7 replies

I have changed mobile phones from iPhone 5s to Samsung Galaxy S6.

I can receive text messages but not send them. Tried a different network sim and it worked so it is not the phone.

IOS FaceTime and iMessages have been turned off.

Phoned support and changed message centre number number to the default +447782000800.

After reboot was able to text myself. Still unable to text any other number and texting myself not working now either.

Can anyone suggest any other setting to change?

Thanks

Steve
icon

Best answer by cyclopse11 16 October 2018, 19:08

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @cyclopse11,

Have you tried the SIM card in another phone other than the ones specified? Also, are you able to make and receive phone calls fine?

Ryan
Yes sim was fine in previous phone iphone 5s.

Yes can make and receive calls fine.

It can work on boot up, then stop after a few SMS. Works by entering mobile number manually rather than address book. Then this stops as well. Also tried deleting and re entering contact manually.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi cyclopse, this sounds like a strange fault.

What happens when SMS stop working, do you get an error?
Are you able to make calls ok?
How did you change the SMS centre number, did you dial *#*#4636#*#*
If you delete the contact, are you able to continue the conversation on SMS

-Phil
No phone support never mentioned the *#*#4636#*#* but we have done this now.

No if we delete the contact we are unable to continue sms conversation.

What we have noticed is that if a SMS message is received network is not allowing us to reply to it.

Thanks for the continued support.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @cyclopse11,

This is definitely odd. Have you managed to try your SIM card in another Android phone? I want to see if this has anything to do with the iMessage service used on your previous iPhone.

Ryan
Can you mark this as fixed.

We did two things. Changed to a different Samsung Android phone S7.
This time when transferring data left all the text messages behind. No further issues since.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @cyclopse11,

It's great to hear that your issue has been resolved in this way, it seems as though it was a backup issue then. I've marked your answer as the resolution to help anyone else facing the same issue in the future.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?