Question

Cannot use data sometimes

• 3 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Sometimes I cannot access the internet using my data it says denied but I have full network coverage and it’s very annoying, any suggestions? Tried resetting network and restarting phone and also choosing manual instead of auto network so I’m stuck

3 replies

Don’t know why it’s posted the screenshots multiple times it’s crazy!!
Userlevel 3
Badge
So the error you are getting relates to apple itself rather than the iD network, going by the error code.

So I have a few potential fixes:

-Unistall and then reinstall safari (or the browser you use)

-Go into settings and make sure you don't have anything linked to a proxy ( I don't have an iphone so I can't tell you exactly how to do this, thouhg if you give me screenshots i might be able to help there)

-Go onto your iD mobile account and make sure you enable adult content to be viewed. Sometimes sites can be flagged with this even if they seem to be innocent enough (though not thinking this is actually the problem, but willing to try things).

-You could factory reset your phone, or if possible reset all internet settings on your phone to default.

If you need any help with any of this just say, and i'll do my best.
Userlevel 3
I reported an issue with 4G in certain locations. In general 4G works fine for me, but there are a handful of locations where my phone says I have a good 4G signal, but I don't get internet. My wife has the same problem in the same areas with iD. The problem was never resolved, but was put down to a problem with the Three network (probably a mast problem).

I did notice that if I switched my phone only to use 2G/3G my internet issues went away. Not ideal I know, but might be worth a try.

Why iD Mobile?