Question

Cant get SMS text message on WiFi Calling

• 6 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I have WiFi calling but no signal, I can receive iMessages, but cannot receive SMS messages - how do I set-up my phone / change setting so I can receive SMS as well?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Straightupmagic,

Sorry to hear that.

Have you just joined our network?

Does WiFi Calling work for calls okay?

Which device are you using the SIM in?

Mohammed

I joined around 3 month ago - and it has never worked. I actually thought it may be the way it was supposed to work. It was only when a friend mentioned they receive SMS on WiFi calling that I realised there may be an error. 

WiFi Calling works well for calls and iMessages and using a iPhone XR.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Straightupmagic,

Which handset is the number you’re trying to text belong to?

Is this a non-iPhone?

Mohammed

Yes  - it is a non-phone, or it is receiving texts from companies for transactions e.g. verified by visa

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Straightupmagic 

I don’t quite follow what you mean from the last message.  However we’ve just now sent you a Private Message here to take some further details from you, we’ll have our Tech Team look into any potential provisioning issues with your account there.

In your iPhone’s settings.  Could you check too that in your profile (top option) the correct number is listed for your phone?

Thanks

Hello

I have just checked and the phone number is incorrect. I ported my number across - and have received calls on my original number, but the number listed on my phone is incorrect.

How do I go about updating this?

Thanks,

Charlotte

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

We’ll keep our responses in the private messages @Straightupmagic . 

Will

Why iD Mobile?