Question

Coverage issues again

• 10 October 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Here we go again, as mentioned before last month started yesterday 9th October lost coverage at 7:30 am for 30 minutes. Today 10th October 6:00 pm buffering quite bad. I have had a coverage problem at this time of the month since joining. What is the problem? 

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @lesallen45,

I’m sorry to hear that.

I think in the past we’ve brushed over the issue and gone through troubleshooting.

Whether it’s routine maintenance or if it’s down to congestion ocurring during certain peak times.

Is the issue still ongoing following those dates? It’s likely you’ll face issues from time to time as service is never guaranteed to be 100% perfect all the time.

Mohammed

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Mahammed,

Yesterday & today serious buffering issues it just appears more than coincidence that it’s same days roughly each month. If there is maintenance or something around this time then why don’t iD admit it at least we would know & not be so annoyed with the fact. Last month iD said that they were having & had issues that particular day. Its just annoying not knowing otherwise it’s fine we do get some slowing other times of the month but nothing to worry about.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @lesallen45,

Last month there was an outage that affected many customers if I recall correctly, which is different to an issue at a local mast.

Since you’ve been tracking this for some time, it seems more like routine maintenance/outage for the 2-days and then everything okay again.

I would just expect this monthly at this specific postcode.

If however, the service deteriorates for longer periods, then please let us know here.

Mohammed

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

today this afternoon we are having problems with connections to the internet coming & going..

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @lesallen45,

Have you a postcode we can run some checks on for you please?

Will

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Will,

Postcode DN11 0YU. We constantly had bad coverage from Friday 9th October through to yesterday @ 11:00 am for a few hours. So far today we seem to be OK.

thank you..

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Could you keep us posted on how things get on @lesallen45 

Nothing is being flagged as being a problem as of late with the DN11 0YU postcode.

Keep a note of any examples you can of calls that failed to connect or texts that failed, as the more info you can get us, the better we can help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Kevin,

Phone & texts never been a problem only connecting to the internet we are still getting buffering but its much better since the 16th October..Thank you

Hi, I asked a question similar to this about 2 hours ago. Perhaps someone could answer?I’ve had vertically no signal/service for 3 weeks. Intermittent & only gave signal for a few minutes then cuts out to ‘no service’. I’m in an SO50 postcode. Could this be investigated please. A loyal customer for over 2 years. Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @LCLC,

Could you provide a full postcode for us to run a mast check on for you please?

Will

Why iD Mobile?