Question

Coverage issues at home, signal keeps dropping

• 8 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

My signal keeps dropping on my phone sometimes for over 24 hours - it says no signal then will come on suddenly and drop out again.

It was fine when I first got it but then my phone was sent off to be repaired and my sim wasn’t in use for a few weeks. I put it back in on Friday and it’s only he signal for approximately an hour since then.

I tried updating my phone which worked initially but it’s still dropping - I’m now paying for a contract which I cannot use. 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Lauralou 

Welcome to iD Community.

Sorry to hear you are having connection issues. 

The quickest way to get a good idea of the coverage in your area(s) would be to pop your postcode in our online Coverage Checker here.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

I’ve had the same issue - CR5 area. Should be good coverage but the signal repeatedly drops out - constantly going from 4G to nothing then back again. This is in areas that have been fine before but now have issues. Phone has been restarted, no new apps have been installed. Not sure why it’s happening

Hi Pearl,

I have checked the coverage checker (it was the first thing I checked when the issue started) but have just checked it again and it indicates no issues in my area of CH44.

I also have a phone under contract with three - who I believe the iD mobile network is run off and my mobile signal is absolutely fine so I know it’s not an indoor issue. 

any suggestions on what the issue could be?

thanks 

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Lauralou,

Thanks for that bit of information, it does help here.

We do use Three UK, so it doesn’t sound like the masts that are the issue.

Can you try your iD SIM in the other handset and the Three UK SIM in the handset you use the iD SIM in?

Do the issues persist after a restart?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?