Solved

Data Problem - Apps not connecting to network

• 10 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Unable to access emails, and other apps that require network access when not connected to WiFi.

Problem has been going on for a couple of weeks now.  No issues when using EE SIM with phone...

icon

Best answer by Rory 23 June 2020, 14:16

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Sully-UK 

So sorry to hear about your connectivity issues.

Have you tried restarting your phone and removing the SIM? 

If not, you can check your coverage status https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage  to find any issues that may be reported recently .

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Hi Pearl,

Thank you for your response I’ve tried all those things (before posting) but it has made no difference. 

After a bit of troubleshooting I found that if I switch to 3G the data connection is fine.  I’ve checked APN settings but it has made no difference.

I’ve contacted Customer Support via chat and they have suggested a new SIM, hopefully that will fix the issue...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Sully-UK,

A possibility is that the 4G masts in the area could be affected.

Could you confirm your full postcode for us please?

We’ll check for you. This would explain why it works when on 3G only.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for following up on this.  My postcode is [REMOVED]

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Sully-UK, thanks for confirming that, and please accept our apologies for the delayed response. You may now wish to edit your comment to remove your postcode from view. 

I can see that there’s been some planned work on the 4G masts in your area recently, which may be causing some issues. Our coverage checker also tells me you’ll get limited indoor coverage at your current postcode, so you may experience a poor 4G signal. 

Do you have issues when you’re out and about, or is it just when you’re at home? How long have you been with us? You mentioned we’d sent you a new SIM, did that improve things at all?

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory,

It all came back on it’s own so I guess it was the maintenance in my area.

Just wish this could have been mentioned when I asked, instead I was told there was no issues in my area.  Waste of of a new SIM, not to mention the time and effort spent trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Sully-UK, could it not be that the new SIM fixed the issue or did you not use this? Either way, I’m glad your service has now returned :)

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?