Question

Daughter's phone won't send texts then 3 get received one after 3 other?

• 30 November 2019
  • 3 replies

As the title says really. My daughter has an iPhone 7 I think and since being with ID, her phone won’t send a text, then the will recipient will eventually receive 3 texts from her, one after the other. It happens every time and is really annoying! It never happened on her old network.

Can someone help?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @steveycrow,

Usually, when I’ve seen this issue it’s been due to an incorrect number in iMessage.

1)    Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Let us know if this helps.

If this doesn’t work, we’ll look into this further.

Mohammed

Thanks for the reply.

No, her messages are green. They aren't being sent through iMessage.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @steveycrow 

There is a few things that could cause this. First that come to my mind would be that she is using iMessage but her mobile data is turned off or allowances are over and other person is receiving them when your daughter connects to WiFi. Are these messages coloured blue or green? Blue means iMessage which requires internet connection to send but green means SMS which usually is unlimited in most iD Mobile packages.

The reason why this came to my mind is because I was helping a lady with her phone the other day and she had very similar issues and that was the answer for her. Her daughter was on 500mb of data a month which did not last her very long.

Let me know if this was correct conclusion on my part. If I am wrong could you let me know so we could think on more troubleshooting options for you.

Kind Regards

Why iD Mobile?