Question

Emergency calls only, not registered to network????

• 1 November 2019
  • 5 replies

I have been on iD for quite a while now and today I was unable to connect to my mobile data,nor make calls or texts. I can only text and call through wifi. I have 3 bars of signal so its not a signal problem. I have also tested my phone and it detects the simĀ  card so its not my hardware. Does anyone know how i can get around this issue?

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey@ReallyStressfulĀ 

Ā 

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your sim card. In order to help you as much as I can. I would like to ask you few questions.

Did you purchase your phone through iD Mobile?Ā 

If not, was it a second hand device?

Did you recently ported your number to iD or ordered replacement sim?Ā 

Ā 

Answering these questions will help me to narrow down possible causes and hopefully we will be able to find solution for you.Ā 

Ā 

Kind Regards

Userlevel 3

I know that this might sound obvious, but the same thing happened to me and I just restarted my phone and it worked fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I know that this might sound obvious, but the same thing happened to me and I just restarted my phone and it worked fine.

Ā 

Restarting your phone can be one of the most common fixes @ReallyStressful,

Could you give it a try to see if this works and weā€™ll troubleshoot further if the issue persists?

Ā 

Mohammed

Ā 

On the day that this occured (a week ago) i restarted my phone multiple times however that did not fix the issue. I triedĀ  everything listed on websites and youtube videos.Ā I then got exhausted of trying to fix it and gave up. The next morning I woke up and it started to work fine???

A really strange thing happened today aswell (1 week exactly from that incident) my phone started bugging out the same, saying ā€˜Emergency calls onlyā€™ , however all I needed to do was restart my phone and it fixed itself.
Ā 

It is really peculiar, I will let you know if anything like this happens again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @ReallyStressfulĀ 

Hope you see things work as normal from now on but if not, you could try testing a different phone if possible or manually searching for networks to see if this helps maintain a more stable connection.

PhilĀ 

Why iD Mobile?