Question

Emergency calls only, not registered to network????

• 1 November 2019
  • 5 replies

I have been on iD for quite a while now and today I was unable to connect to my mobile data,nor make calls or texts. I can only text and call through wifi. I have 3 bars of signal so its not a signal problem. I have also tested my phone and it detects the sim  card so its not my hardware. Does anyone know how i can get around this issue?

5 replies

Userlevel 3

I know that this might sound obvious, but the same thing happened to me and I just restarted my phone and it worked fine.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey@ReallyStressful 

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your sim card. In order to help you as much as I can. I would like to ask you few questions.

Did you purchase your phone through iD Mobile? 

If not, was it a second hand device?

Did you recently ported your number to iD or ordered replacement sim? 

Answering these questions will help me to narrow down possible causes and hopefully we will be able to find solution for you. 

Kind Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I know that this might sound obvious, but the same thing happened to me and I just restarted my phone and it worked fine.

Restarting your phone can be one of the most common fixes @ReallyStressful,

Could you give it a try to see if this works and we’ll troubleshoot further if the issue persists?

Mohammed

On the day that this occured (a week ago) i restarted my phone multiple times however that did not fix the issue. I tried  everything listed on websites and youtube videos. I then got exhausted of trying to fix it and gave up. The next morning I woke up and it started to work fine???

A really strange thing happened today aswell (1 week exactly from that incident) my phone started bugging out the same, saying ‘Emergency calls only’ , however all I needed to do was restart my phone and it fixed itself.

It is really peculiar, I will let you know if anything like this happens again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @ReallyStressful 

Hope you see things work as normal from now on but if not, you could try testing a different phone if possible or manually searching for networks to see if this helps maintain a more stable connection.

Phil