Best answer by Gregor
There is many reasons why your phone may say " emergency calls only "
* You have purchased second hand phone that has been reported lost or stolen by previous owner.
* You have got Pay as You go Sim that wasn't top up for over a year.
* Replacement Sim cards need to be activated manually in the settings of ID Mobile App
* Arrears on the phone bill may cause "emergency calls only"
* Bad reception in the area you live in or maintenance to the antennas. You can check your postcode here.
*It could be broken hardware on your phone like GSM antenna fault or logic board.
Let us know if any of these is true