Solved

Fails to connect using 4G

• 5 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I have just changed from Three to ID Mobile but I'm having no luck in trying to get a 4G connection. I'm using the same Sony Z3 Compact (Android 6.0.1) and with Three I had no trouble getting a 4G connection.

I've tried the manual APN settings as detailed here and also the automatically generated APN settings. I have my Preferred Network Type set to 4G. When the network search runs it selects the 3G ID network as shown in the screenshot below. If I then select the 4G ID network it tries to connect for a while before failing with a 'Failed to register, please try again later' message. I've tried this multiple times now and it fails the same way each time.

As ID Mobile uses the Three network which was working using the Three SIM I'm at a loss to understand why it sees the 4G ID network but can't connect?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Phil
icon

Best answer by pluckhurst 6 June 2018, 14:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
It appears the "try again later" in the error message was correct. It was still failing when I tried earlier this morning but I've just checked my phone and it's now showing 4G in the status bar so at some point it has automatically connected to the 4G network.

I've not changed any settings on the phone so it looks like whatever was causing it has been fixed. 😀
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @pluckhurst,

I'm glad to hear that this has started working now!

You can always try deleting the APN settings and adding this back as it can often help refresh you on the network.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thanks @Mohammed. I'd tried deleting and adding the APN settings so many times I lost count! It seems all I needed was to ignore it for a while and let it fix itself. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
No problem @pluckhurst,

Hopefully anyone else who has the issues can find the response to their issues here!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?