Solved

General > About > Network: Phone not allowed

• 8 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello all

My wife’s iPhone SE (2020) has suddently stopped getting service. If she’s home and connected to Wifi, everything works, she can make and receive calls, but if she is outside the home and not connected to Wifi, she doesn’t get any service.

When I go to General > About > Network, we get shown the text:

Phone not allowed

I checked the serial number on Apple’s official service check and all seems OK.

I also checked one of the various IMEI check site and it doesn’t say the phone is blocked.

The iPhone SE was bought 2nd hand, but it had only been used for 2 months and the guy seemed genuine. Plus, I met him at his house, so I know where he lives, which again suggests that he isn’t the type of guy to try to scam me.

What can I do? I suspect this has something to do with ID’s Wifi Calling thing?

Can someone advise what I should do?

icon

Best answer by Will 15 October 2020, 19:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Jwan,

The fact that WiFi Calling is working is somewhat of a good-sign as this uses allowances to make the call (if you’re not using Whatsapp/Skype that is).

Have you tried the SIM in a different handset just to rule out a handset fault though?

As it could just be down to a faulty antenna in the device. 

If the SIM does work in a different device, we know the issue would be down to the handset, but if it doesn’t work in another device also, please confirm the full postcode(s) where this was used so we can look at the local masts.

Mohammed

Thanks for the reply Mohammed.

I tried a different SIM in the iPhone, and that too didn’t get a service.

I tried the SIM in a different phone, and things work fine!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sounds like it’s an issue with the iPhone @Jwan.

We’d recommend getting in touch with the seller or Apple directly to get that looked at. If you got it through us, let us know and we’ll look at this for you right away.

Will

Why iD Mobile?