Solved

How do I contact iD Mobile

• 4 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Phone number for id.so I can talk to someone. 

icon

Best answer by Will 23 October 2020, 13:34

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @P.Curd 

We’re happy to help with anything here if you could give us some brief details as to what’s the issue?

Alternatively, you can reach our Live Chat Team >here<, a blue button should pop up for you to speak to someone there within their opening hours.

Hi, I have cancelled my D/D on my contract that has expired & bought & setup a new D/D fot Sim Only, I keep getting SMS’s saying “please setup another D/D or I will be facing extra charges”

They haven’t switched me over to the Sim Only Monthly contract, so what do I do please.

I am extremely disappointed that there is NO way of contacting anyone, as the “Live Chat” is dead!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @jhaydnm 

Have you since spoken to our Live Chat Team?

If you had been wanting to switch to a SIM-only tariff the general way to go about that is to log in to your existing iD Mobile account and do a Plan Change on the account in question.

If you’ve simply gone online and bought a second SIM then that would be a new second account and mean you have two active lines now with iD.  If that is in fact what you’ve done?  (or am I mistaken?)

Hi Kevin, thank you for your reply yes, it seems that I have purchased another SIM as an upgrade, therefore I assumed that ID in its Wisdom would realised this and would have shut down my my current account, but that seems not correct, so where do I go from here, I don't want to lose my number, so what do I do now? please, thank you for your help.

John.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @jhaydnm,

I wouldn’t say it’s a case of wisdom, or lack there of. You see, lets say you decided to take out a 2nd SIM card using your details for a business line, or a friend or member of your family. If we then, upon seeing the same details flag up, terminated your existing line, this would leave you in a bit of a pickle. That’s why we don’t disconnect a line on a hunch, and await for customer contact to request a disconnection.

Regarding how to get your new plan onto your existing contract, we have two options. Option one would be to cancel the new plan, and see if you’re instead able to perform a tariff change on the existing plan to the one that you’ve recently purchased. 

The other option would be something we refer to as a “Triangle Port”.

A Triangle Port requires obtaining a pay as you go SIM card for a network other than ourselves and porting the desired number over onto the pay as you go SIM. You would do this by requesting a PAC number for the old number from us and giving it to the pay as you go network.

Once you have done this and the desired number is on the pay as you go SIM, you then need to contact that network and request another PAC code. Once you have this, you can then contact us again and port the number over to your new line.

Let us know which option you’d like to pursue, and we’ll be happy to provide the required assistance.

Will

Hi Will, thanks for your reply, since your reply I have had a final demand notice from ID for an outstanding balance of £13 which I have paid, so not too happy about that either!

With regards to your two Solutions, l would like to cancel my existing monthly contract, & retain my existing number, and have it ported to the monthly plan of SIM only that I have purchased that you will see on the screenshot

I am attaching, if you could do this I would be very grateful, thank you for your assistance much appreciated, l await to hear from you

Hi Will, I sent you a reply 3 days ago, it doesn’t look like you have read it, as I’m still awaiting a reply, hope to hear back soon. thanks.

John.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @jhaydnm,

It looks like, instead of upgrading your existing contract to a SIM-only plan, a new contract has been ordered.

It’s not possible to simply transfer the numbers over, except by a triangle port, which involves porting to a different network PAYG SIM, then back into iD onto the new contract.

The easier way is to upgrade your old plan to a SIM-only plan, then cancel the new one ordered.

We’ve PMed anyway to discuss this further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?