Solved

I am already abroad and I forgot to advise ID

• 27 March 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
I am already abroad and I forgot to tell ID what do I do. There does not appear to be anyway I can chat to or contact ID by email.
icon

Best answer by Ilovegin 30 March 2018, 02:47

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Don't all the ID plans come with roaming included anyway? Depends on the country i think, so you may be alright.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I am already abroad and I forgot to tell ID what do I do. There does not appear to be anyway I can chat to or contact ID by email.

Hello Ilovegin and welcome to the iD Community!

Have you moved abroad or are you currently roaming?

There's a great thread here on how to prepare your phone for abroad: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/coverage-international-roaming-24/how-to-prepare-your-phone-for-a-trip-abroad-182

Don't all the ID plans come with roaming included anyway? Depends on the country i think, so you may be alright.

That's correct!

All of our iD plans come with inclusive EU Roaming with up to 50 destinations!

You can find a full list of these here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
I am already abroad I am not in Europe. I usually get a text when I arrive from the local telephone company telling me the rates but I have not. I have switched roaming on on my services.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey ilovegin,

Hoping the weather is better there, than it is in the UK!

Which country are you currently roaming in?

It's possible Roaming isn't supported in that country.

If you head to: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/international-and-roaming-charges and select the "Roaming" blue box, you'll be able to find out the rates for Roaming in that country.

"Not Available" would be displayed if that we don't support Roaming in that destination.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Mohammed

Weather is a nice 32 degrees. I am in Penang Malaysia I came here November and my mobile was fine but I had told ID before. I have been sent a text but have not received it.

ID can I contact you anyhow to get this sorted?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
It's a cold 7 degrees here ilovegin, so make the most of it!

One thing you should be able to check is to ensure that Roaming is enabled in both your handset and turned on in the iD App/Account.

Have you checked to see if they're both enabled?

Are you showing as connected to a network at all?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
That has sorted it Mohammed thank you. I had not turned roaming on on the handset. I have now received texts I have been sent. That's great thanks. 😍
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
That has sorted it Mohammed thank you. I had not turned roaming on on the handset. I have now received texts I have been sent. That's great thanks. 😍

Perfect!

I'm very pleased to hear this has resolved the issue you were facing.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday ilovegin!

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?