Solved

I can’t make or receive calls

• 21 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I can’t make calls or receive calls, when I try to call out it won’t even ring and says ‘call failed’. I found this out while trying to ring 999 (luckily my mum was with me and was able to call on her phone - she is also with iD) but when someone calls me it rings on their end and eventually says that my number is busy. I can’t see anything in my settings that would be causing this. I have an iPhone 7 if that is of any relevance.

icon

Best answer by Lornaae 25 June 2020, 01:00

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Lornaae 

Sorry to hear this. 

Have your services been restored? 

Aklima

Userlevel 1

Hi

No, I am still having this issue. I still cannot receive or make calls.

Any advice?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Lornaae, sorry to hear this. Have you tried restarting your phone? It sounds simple, but this tends to fix the majority of connection issues.

If this doesn’t work, on your iPhone, can you please go to Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings and follow the steps? 

How long have you been with us, and when did the issues start? Have you recently ported your number in from another network provider?

Finally, could you please confirm your full postcode for me so that we can check for any disruption in your area?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hi Rory.

I restarted my phone and that worked! What a simple fix - thank you for your help!

Lorna

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Glad to hear that, @Lornaae! A lot of people scoff at the suggestion because it sounds so basic, but it really does fix the majority of network issues. Let us know if you do have any further issues and we’ll be happy to investigate :blush:

Thank you,

Rory

My phone is saying call failed I have tried everything I am waiting on very important calls

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Paul Harnwell,

Are you advising that you’re unable to make and receive calls? Or is that the message people receive when people try to call you?

Do you have any bars of signal?

Will

I am trying fo make calls and it won’t let me it just goes off as soon as I try to phone someone. But my data works and I’ve got 2 bars

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Erin Rose Power,

That’s strange if your data is working.

Have you a postcode you can provide us with so we can run some checks on your local mast?

Will

Why iD Mobile?