Solved

I have problems in receiving incoming calls

• 28 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

what I’m experiencing is annoying. I have a Samsung J5 2016, and I experience the following problems:

1. people try to call me and my phone hang up after few seconds without me having time to answer.
  2. People telling me that they tried to phone me and my number is engaged.

Because this is a problem that comes and go, I need to be sure that there  are no problems with the line. I thought it was a problem with my memory and I added an external SIM Card. I thought it worked, but it (probably) doesn’t.

My Postcode is SW9

I really can’t afford to miss phone calls in this moment.

Thank you very much for your kind answer.

icon

Best answer by Davide71 10 February 2021, 15:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Davide71, sorry to hear about the issues you’re having with calls dropping. Firstly, this will have no connection to your phone’s storage. When you say an external SIM card, what do you mean exactly? Do you mean a microSD Card?

Does this issue only happen at home, or when you’re out and about too? How long have you been with us and when did the issue first arise? Are you using Wi-Fi Calling?

It’ll be worth resetting your network settings and restarting the phone. On your Samsung J5, go to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings. Please note: this will also remove any Wi-Fi networks, so they’ll need to be set up again once done. 

Finally, have you recently changed any voicemail settings?

Thank you,

Rory

Resetting the network worked fine with me, apparently.

Thank you very much for your help. I’m becoming a smartphone geek little by little!:grinning:

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Nice one, cheers for sharing @Davide71.

And if you learn anything else useful on your quest to become an almighty smartphone geek, be sure to share that with us too! The more shared knowledge on here, the better it is for everyone.

Will

Why iD Mobile?