Solved

ID Network and UK Public WiFi

• 12 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
I've been with O2 network for a long time and I get free wifi in a lot of places across the UK - is this something that ID Network users get also?
icon

Best answer by Adzdalton 12 March 2019, 21:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @Tom_hall

As far as i'm aware this isn't currently available with iD. At least at the moment anyway.

They're still a relatively new network and i'm sure they may implement this in the future.
I would welcome it, that's for sure.

Hope that helps :)

Best Regards
Adam
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Tom_hall

As @Adzdalton mentioned, currently this is not available on ID Mobile. I haven't heard anything about plans to implement it in the future but as I know ID they keep improving things all the time so there is hope it will be available in the future.

However, if I could share a little bit of my personal input here. I don't find this needed in ID Mobile due to amount of mobile data they provide for relatively low cost comparing to competition. On a SIM only deal you can get 8GB of data for like £10 and this is more than sufficient to watch some videos on the go at least for me.

Kind Regards.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately the issue for me is work. I work for Sainsburys in a building that gets very little phone signal on any network, therefore I rely on WiFi for this reason.

The WiFi is listed as 02 WiFi, but I'm not 100% sure if I'd be able to connect for free of charge if I was on iD network. Other than this I'd be more than happy to swap!
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @Tom_hall

There's a Sainsburys local to me that i sometimes connect to. I'm currently using an iD mobile sim.

According to the O2's website it's free for anyone on any network providing non O2 users first register or own an iphone.
After registration it'll connect automatically from there onwards.

Here's a link where i found the info;

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-wifi

Hope that helps reassure you :)
Best Regards
Adam
Userlevel 1
Hmm, interesting! I might try taking a tablet in to work and ensuring I can connect free of charge without being on o2.

Thanks for the replies!
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hmm, interesting! I might try taking a tablet in to work and ensuring I can connect free of charge without being on o2.

Thanks for the replies!

No problem 🙂

Why iD Mobile?