Question

Intermittently not receiving texts

• 14 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Yesterday I was using a website where the second security level involves them sending me a code in an SMS, and the messages didn't arrive until about 6 hours later. Today, I sent a text to a friend and she replied several times via SMS, and those texts have still not appeared 5 hours later (however, she's just done a test again and that text has now appeared).

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Obviously I generally won't know if I'm not getting a text, especially if they never appear. And I've been in an area with coverage the whole time too. But I won't be able to stay with iD if I can't get these important work texts to access sites.

Any inspiration appreciated.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @SouthseaMum,

It sounds like these are delayed due to a possible coverage issue. This can be as simple as a network fault/repair work or the coverage being limited in the area.

How long have you been with us, is this the first time you're experiencing the issue?

Can you confirm your full postcode for us?

It also may sound simple, but could you please try powering down the handset, removing the SIM, powering up the handset and then re-inserting the SIM for us please?

Mohammed
Answers:
  • been with you for a month or so....haven't experienced this issue before the past 2 days
  • PO5 2PT
  • Have powered off, removed SIM, replaced SIM, and powered back up (I can't power up and then input SIM as the battery blocks where I put the SIM).
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @SouthseaMum,

Thanks for confirming that.

I've checked the coverage and nothing that would otherwise indicate a problem here or any work that was carried out recently.

Can you try sending a text to yourself? Any issues here?

Are you able to locate the SMS Centre number for us?
If you're unsure how to do this, please confirm your full handset make and model and we'll try to help.

You can also use our Settings tool to find the steps to do this here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings/settings-tool

Mohammed
Texts seem to be arriving and going fine today.

And not sure about my SMS Centre number and your site doesn't cover my phone. I've got a Fairphone First Edition.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @SouthseaMum,

Try dialling *#*#4636#*#*

I believe this should display the number!

Glad it seems to be okay now. I don't think you'll have the wrong SMSC number in this case

Keep us updated!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?