Solved

INTERNET CONNECTION - BROWSER PROBLEM

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Today Tuesday 7th July I was having a problem with a slow connection I have an unlimited data, texts & phone call SIM Card. I hots pot tether my laptop from my Huawei phone. Had no problems within 2 months. I went onto iDmobile web & started a chat. Followed his directions, he said that there were no problems with signal in my area. Anyway following his instructions suddenly I found that I had internet but could not connect to Microsoft. Removed the SIM & re inserted it my browser was working somehow it returned. Any ideas why this happened. Did I loose signal & it came back or was it another issue? Any information gratefully received because without my SIM working or whatever the problem is I am totally out of touch. Couldn’t contact anyone by phone no numbers for iDmobile very bad.

icon

Best answer by lesallen45 17 July 2020, 16:44

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Where can I find coverage checker. I was told help & support under popular topics. Can’t find anything.

Thank you,

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

2nd day in a row I have not been able to access internet for around 2 hours. Yesterday 7th July was afternoon & today July 8th between 7 & 9 pm. Why is this? I have a unlimited data etc SIM. I posted a question here yesterday but no one has had the decency to give me any answers. Up to yesterday I was more than pleased with my Service but I am afraid not so much now.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am not happy with the service you aren't giving. I have a problem with my SIM cannot always connect to Internet, I can't get to anyone by phone no way to access live chat. What are we supposed to do? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @lesallen45,

I’ve moved all your coverage posts into one area, please refrain from creating multiple posts over a span of topics relating to the same issue.

I’m sorry to hear you are having coverage problems here.

A restart often fixes most coverage problems should the connection drop-out.

Connection drop-outs can be related to network traffic, the area you’re using it in, mast issues or even indoor coverage/interference.

How many bars of coverage does your phone usually show when the problem ocurrs?

There may be scheduled maintenance at the times.

What’s your full postcode?

Mohammed

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Firstly let’s address multiple posts for same question. Reason for this is because no one was answering & I had no internet, no telephone service communication from Idmobile with the excuse everyone seems to have these days “Due to coronavirus”.

Generally I get 2/3 bars but on these occasions it was less than 1. I was advised to reset my phone which I did with resolving the issue. Checked my Laptop because I was Tethering Hot spot from my phone. It was trying to connect but not actually doing it. This all started over 10 days. I contacted Huawei to try to find out if it was a phone issue after some consultation they thought that it was a SIMM problem. So fortunately one evening I managed to get onto chat he also thought it was a SIM problem but was restricted to ordering a new one to be sent out. So the next day mid morning I managed to get a network connection on chat & ordered a new SIM which I gather is on it’s way. Saturday 11th July I had a phone call I was out so called him back. He was responding to my complaint told me that he was going to send me some settings by text to try to resolve the problem, nothing arrived.

My postcode is DN110YU one guy checked this out in the early stages & told me that the coverage was good.

All of the posts above saying however many replies there were is nonsense no one answered along with that I could not access “Coverage checker”. Today is the first reply in 6 days.

Up until now I had been very happy with my connection etc but not so sure now bearing in mind when I had this problem I could not contact anyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @lesallen45,

You’re welcome to post multiple times in this topic, we just ask you to refrain from creating multiple new topics about the same issue that’s all.

I fully understand your frustration of not receiving a reply.

I’ve checked the coverage masts in the area and can see some routine work was carried out on the 16/07/20, which we’re hoping has addressed any coverage issues.

Can you confirm you can access mobile data from just the phone (without tethering)?

Mohammed

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you Mohammed, Yes I connect my phone all seems well now with my new SIM.

thank you again,

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No problem @lesallen45 . You’re always welcome to get back in touch if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Will

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you Will...

Userlevel 1

For some reason my internet connection keeps cutting out . It says I’m on 4G but it does not work . It’s been happening the past few weeks but today it’s cut out completely and not been working the past couple hours. I have checked and I have plenty of data on my allowance . I am really not happy as I need this to be able to do my work. Due to Covid I’m unable to talk to anyone , so what am I suppose to do? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Look I don’t know if it’s possibly the same problem but I found that in my case somehow or someone had changed my hot spot settings password. Maybe check your connection password if you need one.

I have the same issue 4G internet not working while there is internet when I changed the phone settings to 3G only, but it's very slow internet!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ahmad_81, we’re aware that we had some issues with an outage yesterday that has since been rectified. If you turn your handset off and on again, it should resume normal service.

Will

Hi @Ahmad_81, we’re aware that we had some issues with an outage yesterday that has since been rectified. If you turn your handset off and on again, it should resume normal service.

Will

Thank you, it is working fine since this morning

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Ahmad_81,

Great to hear that. Let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?