Question

Loss of 4G service

• 28 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

This is the worst mobile network I've ever come across. They say that "iD-moble" is 4G - that's a lie, using a 4G-lte router my speeds are "0.004 down & 0.002 up load" even at the dead of night, it rarely goes above 0.09 down load. Loading web pages is a joke and takes ages to render while all the time my data is being used... I switched to EE in the router and the speeds are "39mbps down & 25mbps up" so why does this company claim their network is 4G ready, when it is not. As regards sending emails or sms messages, all I keep getting is a "network error message" I am totally disgusted...   For reference my postcode is: RM3 7QT

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @john2635aca,

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Our network does offer 4G speeds but we appreciate that in some areas, the speeds may be lower, especially indoors.

Looking at the network masts for your area, I can see that there are two masts that have experienced a long-term outage which is causing the operational masts to become congested; this will affect the network quality I’m afraid.

Does your router support the option to manually search for networks? Attempting this to try and get the SIM card to connect to another mast is maybe the best option currently.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

My router is a Huawei 4G_Lte sim only - I have since tried a “3” sim and the speeds were good at 14mbps down & 5.2mbps up load, at times rising to over 25mbps both up & down loads during peak times.  So the fault lies with the iD-mobile sim, since they all use the 3G_network.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @john2635aca 

We do apologise that the two local masts in your area are causing congestion in the signal due to long-term outages. We understand how frustrating this must be and apologise for the inconvenience caused. If you are wanting to cancel your iD sim, you can do this through the iD app, Simply log in, go to the 'My account' page, and on the 'Manage my plan' tile click 'End my plan'. Please be aware that we need at least 30 day's notice before your contract ends.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?