Solved

lost signal at home

• 13 January 2021
  • 11 replies

I've been on idmobile since November with no issues. Yesterday (January 12th) when I checked my.phone first thing my signal was 0 bars and the Wi-Fi calling symbol was displayed for the 1st ever time. Today is the same, from a good signal (3 bars before yesterday)  it is still at 0 and with Wi-Fi calling enabled.

How come my signal has suddenly disappeared, nothing has changed at my end. Is there something I can do to get it back?

Thanks 

Maxine

icon

Best answer by Michelle 25 January 2021, 17:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ukmadcat,

Are you able to test the SIM in a different handset at all?

Mohammed

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ukmadcat,

I suspect there is some maintenance in your area judging from what you’ve described. If you can provide us with a postcode, we can check on this for you if you like?

Will

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

HI @Ukmadcat 

We are sorry you are still experiencing issues.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and start an investigation with our Tech Team.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Thank you. It is WN5 9EL 

It is still an issue, but my signal was fine today when I was away from my house in town centre

No sorry, I don’t have a spare handset. Like I said my signal comes back when I go a few miles away. I had 3-4 bars on my signal from when I switched networks and now it is 1 bar if I am lucky. I can’t find anything in the settings about using wifi calling only

I have found how to turn off WiFi calling but I still only have 1 bar signal. When I moved to idmobile in November I had a 4 bar signal in my house. I'm concerned as to why my signal level has dropped so significantly 

I can now send text messages, however I still have no signal and my phone is using WiFi calling still. The signal disappeared on the 12th and still hasn't come back. 

My android phone did update last week, but I don't think this is the problem as when I leave home and travel elsewhere my signal comes back. It's very odd

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Ukmadcat 

It seems there is some planned maintenance work that is due to be carried in your area. Are you still having any signal issues at home?

-Mohsin

I am yes, when is the maintenance going on please? 

I can't even send any texts today

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Ukmadcat 

We are sorry to hear this. There was an unplanned outage on 16/01/21 which had caused the SMS issue. This has been resolved now so you should be able to send/receive text messages. if for any reason you are still having issues, please let us know.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?