Question

Messages not getting through

• 16 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Whenever someone from a particular mobile number has tried to text me it hasn't gotten through. I can send messages to them perfectly fine, but their messages fail to send to me. They can send text messages fine to my brother, who's on the same network (albeit a different phone), so I'm pretty sure it's a problem on my end. I've checked the phone's blocklist and there is no sign of the number on it, so I'm completely stumped on why this is happening and how to solve it. I'd really appreciate any insight and advice you can give. I currently use a Huawei P10 Lite, and it's a fixed contract.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @CDUK,

Welcome to the iD Community!

This does sound like a strange issue. Have you ported your number into us from a different network since joining us?

Ryan
I ported my number across from a different network when I first got the contract, but issues have only presented with this one number. Both numbers I had before changing my phone and most of the ones I've received after porting the number have worked fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I ported my number across from a different network when I first got the contract, but issues have only presented with this one number. Both numbers I had before changing my phone and most of the ones I've received after porting the number have worked fine.

That's a very odd one indeed.

Is there any chance you can put your iD SIM into your brothers phone and then get that person to text you?

I'm just trying to understand what might be causing this.

Is your brother on an iPhone?
What phone does your friend have?

Testing the above will help us narrow this down a little further but I also have a suspicion that it may be an issue with iPhones texting an Android handset.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?