Solved

Mobile Data not working

• 28 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
My Mobile data does not work on my Phone. The system shows I have rolled over my usage but it just does not work. I have had no problem with my previous provider and I have only been with ID since December. I live in the south east of England.
icon

Best answer by johnkeywood 30 January 2019, 13:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi, I have reset my phone back to default settings and it works.
Thank you for your help.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Glad to see you've got this sorted now.

-Phil
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @johnkeywood,

Sorry to hear that your mobile data isn't working. Are your calls and text working fine? Have you tried turning mobile data off and on again?

Please could you also delete your APN settings and re-install them. You can find the APN settings hereand hopefully this should get it working.

If you have any problems please get back to us with the make and model of the handset.

Kash
Userlevel 1
Hi Kash, I have tried re installing my APN settings as your instructions. Nothing helps. My calls and text work fine. My Wi-fi works fine. I have tried to reset using the settings checker but when I try to install it will not accept my pin. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @johnkeywood,

Are you advising that your data has never worked? Or that it has just stopped working?

If it has just stopped working, it's very possible that there could be an issue at the local 4G mast preventing this. Can you try going into the device settings and switching the connection to 3G only.

What happens when you do this?

Another thing you could try is testing the SIM in another handset which will rule out if there's an issue with the handset/settings preventing this.

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
My Mobile Data has never worked. I got the sim on 20th December. I have tried changing between 3G and 4G and it does not work. I have tried using the setting checker but it will not accept my pin. I have tried to reset my settings manually and saved the settings. The Data still does not work When I click back onto
manual setting nothing appears to have been saved and I re-enter the details. It still does not work.
When I put the sim in another phone it does appear to work.

Why iD Mobile?