Question

New iD Mobile Nokia doesn't make phone calls...tried for 6 months and no luck!!!!

• 9 August 2018
  • 3 replies

I have had 3 replacement phones and SIM cards and it worked occasionally, but now won't connect to IDmobile at all. I've been using an old phone to keep me going but very unimpressed by IDMobile and carphonewarehouse not sorting out this problem and not refunding me for not being able to use the phone. I have been back to the shop about a dozen times.
Is this a general IDmobile or Nokia issue and should we avoid these brands?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Ge0rge,

Sorry to hear you've had repeated issues with this handset.

Have you had this handset replaced 3 times?

You mentioned that at one point you were refunded, were you given the option to purchase a different handset instead?

It sounds like a handset issue as the SIM works in a different handset fine.

Let us know and we'll advise further.

Mohammed
It's a new Nokia 6.1 supplied with a new IDmobile contract.
I can put the SIM on my old windows Nokia and at least make calls and texts, which I started doing when the previously supplied new Nokia stopped working intermittently.
The last replacement 6.1 worked with the SIM for a day and then hasn't worked since. I've tried removing and replacing the SIM many times but pretty well given up now.
The phone has already been sent for repair; was then replaced and was then refunded and replaced with another one so I've been through that process already!
As I said, with 3 phones and 3 SIMS tried, there seems to be problem with your brands?
Am I stuck with this situation for the next 18 months?
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
I have had 3 replacement phones and SIM cards and it worked occasionally, but now won't connect to IDmobile at all. I've been using an old phone to keep me going but very unimpressed by IDMobile and carphonewarehouse not sorting out this problem and not refunding me for not being able to use the phone. I have been back to the shop about a dozen times.
Is this a general IDmobile or Nokia issue and should we avoid these brands?

Hi @Ge0rge

Firstly, what Nokia is it you're trying to use the SIM with? You would need a phone that supports 3g or above to be able to connect to ID Mobile. Do any of your replacement phones allow ID access at all?

Separately, after 6 months, you would unfortunately be long passed any opportunity to have a phone refunded on a "change of mind" basis unfortunately. Though if the phone was faulty, they may be able to replace the device for you under warranty if that was needed.

Kevin

Why iD Mobile?