Question

new purchased Unlimited sim only package - Now having multiple data / internet issues making it nearly unsable anymore

• 12 June 2020
  • 1 reply

New to ID Mobile. last week I purchased the unlimited sim only deal, the sim arrived and I was registered and switched over fairly quickly with calls/txt/data all up and working fine.

My phone is set to 4G with full signal strength throughout my place. 

As of a few days ago my internet speed has gone so slow and not loading various sites, and my hotspot has became very unreliable. 

- Multiple web pages that were previously fine to access are now inaccessible - all I get are error messages referring to ‘security or SSL errors’ and so they won't load up. Before I purchased the sim, I checked the coverage for my area as advised via the link on the ID webpage, no issues. Tried to do it again now with new sim, but I cant even get on the web page due to the error messages reported above!

- Im using hotspot for my Mac which means both my phone and laptop are behaving in the same way as above, my access to the WWW has now been massively reduced.

- Suddenly apps that use data to make calls are barely useable, cutting in and out the reception is terrible, when before with my old sim the apps were fine.

I have unlimited data so don't understand why I'm having these problems and why they've occurred only in the last few days. I have checked the community posts for unlimited data queries and the responses from ID Mobile techs were there are no limits to data amount/speeds/hotspot performance with the unlimited package..

Any ideas on what I can do to return to the usual performance and internet access?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @MrCJGordon 

Have you tried going into Settings > Mobile Network > Mobile Data, then seeing if switching to 3G helps at all?

Sometimes if an area is heavily congested with more people (as we’ve seen in some areas recently with more people working from home) the 4G bandwidth can see some drops in some built-up areas.

We’ll need to contact you privately to get some personal details in order to look into any local coverage issues that could be at play which we’ll do now.

Why iD Mobile?