Solved

New to ID and network issues?

• 18 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi I've been on ID for about a week now (just switched from Vodafone).
The network coverage at my home and work is claimed to be very good 4g indoors and out on the coverage map. But my actual experience is sometimes it's full signal at 4g and sometimes it's barely any signal or not available at all. Is this normal for ID? I'm quite concerned. I work from home and have not changed location during this period. One of the days of no signal I was told that the network was having maintenance and that it would be resolved by 1700 which it was but is this normal to expect such sketchy availability?
icon

Best answer by Gregor 18 July 2019, 21:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi. @bushblade

ID Mobile is using masts provided by Three. I know that Three is doing a lot of maintenance there to prepare all the hardware for 5G rollout in UK. When they do upgrade things, you might have some issues with coverage here and there as this is long process to get it to work 100%.

I am often using website called downdetector to see if there are any coverage issues reported and I can recommend it to you too as it will keep you in the loop.

As of my personal experience with iD Mobile, it is exactly the same as I had with Three in the past. Not amazing indoor but great outdoors. Difference is that for the money I am saving with iD I don't mind it as I can always use Whatsapp at home over WiFi.

Also if you phone support it you could setup WiFi Calling and use this feature to make and receive calls. iD Mobile support it on certain models. Just Google "iD mobile wifi calling" to find out more about it.

Kind Regards
Thanks for that, really useful to hear.
My phone does support wifi calling but it's not available on ID for my phone as yet (Pixel 3a).
Yes I am finding it quite trying using ID Mobile except for the price. Even outside the other day I coudnt use Google Map. Says you need “to activate Mobile Data” It’s ok for email sometimes slow in downloading attachment. I have no issues with my Lebara and I only pay one pound more and have 100 free minutes Long Distance per month

Why iD Mobile?