Question

no 3G or 4G in my area

• 28 February 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

I got sold the contract in carphone warehouse end of 2020, they said I would have full 4G coverage in my area. Well as we on lockdown I have been using my home broadband for Internet use but lately that has not been working correctly so I have had to switch to my phone Internet which only shows as a H and no 3G or 4G. I have looked on website and it shows for my area that 3G and 4G is not available in my area. I would not have taken the contract out if I would have known this. As ID is not fulfilling the contract that I was originally sold, I should be able to come out if contract? How can I do this. I am happy to return the phone. 

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Ksha,

We’re sorry to hear that you are having issues with 4G indoors, does it seem to work better outside? 

When you see the ‘H’ symbol, this means you have a good data connection and we are providing network services. The ‘H’ symbol is kind of like having 3.5G so you have a better connection with ‘H’ than when you see just the standard ‘3G’ symbol.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

It still does not work. The network signal is very low in my area also and I find that when people are calling me its going to voicemail or the signal is weak. I would like to talk to someone over the phone please. I don't deal greatly with messaging. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ksha,

We offer a 30 day coverage guarantee for customers to assess if the signal in their area meets their expectations. If you’re outside of this, we wouldn’t be able to offer any sort of return I’m afriad.

Have you tried the SIM in a different handset to see how it behaves?

Will

Userlevel 1

No I've not. I will try this and see what happens, but what would I be solving there as if it works better in another phone well then I'd be paying for a phone that I would not be using?? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ksha,

This is just a test you’re performing, rather than a solution. If the SIM works OK in another phone, that tells us the issue is with the handset, rather than the network.

Will

Userlevel 1

OK I will try this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem. Let us know here how you get on.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

This has still not changed anything and now that I am adventuring more from my house the network service is terrible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ksha,

We’ll send you a PM so we can look into this further and see if we can raise this to our TechTeam.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

OK thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @Ksha,

Just reply to our PM and we’ll try respond as quickly as we can.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I have

Hello, I am the account holder for this. Please can someone contact me regarding it as my daughter has been told I need to contact.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Dsha 

We will send you a Private Message so we can help with this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?