Solved

No 4G Signal

• 11 December 2018
  • 4 replies

I am currently on Giffgaff and decided to try out the ID Network as seemed like a good deal. I went on their coverage checker and put in my post code to make sure I can get 4G in my area and said I could.

I put my new Sim card in today and also used their website to send the correct settings according to the make and model of my phone. But I am only getting a H signal and no 4G in my house. On Giffgaff I got the full 4G signal

Is this a problem with a setting or is just not available in my area? If its isn't think I will cancel and stick to Giffgaff

Thanks in advance
James
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 11 December 2018, 20:48

View original

4 replies

Badge +10
Welcome to the ID Community,

Put your SIM card into another phone and test your network coverage. This will help you to work out if there is a problem with your phone or the network.

Then check you APN settings are correct for the ID Network.
the following page will be helpful in checking those
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings

If you have an iphone plug it into tunes and update it, there was a roll out of new carrier network settings recently, this might fix your issue?
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Some good tips there @terrywebbs

@friendlyJai please let us know how you're getting on, if you are able to pop the iD Mobile SIM in another handset to see how that fairs, then you might be able to help us all identify whether a setting in your phone is causing some conflict here.

Kevin
I tested it outside and can get 4G in town. Put I get No Service at all in my gym and with Giffgaff had 4G. So its no good to me. How do I go about cancelling please.

Thanks
Badge +10
I tested it outside and can get 4G in town. Put I get No Service at all in my gym and with Giffgaff had 4G. So its no good to me. How do I go about cancelling please.

Thanks

Sorry to see you go...

The following link will give you all the details you need to cancel
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations

Why iD Mobile?