Question

No mobile service

• 15 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

The last day or so I’ve not been able to receive mobile service. My direct debit is in good standing. Is there an issue with my account or could it due to my local mast having difficulties?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Jimble 

Is everything affected (Calls, Texts, Data) or just one thing in particular.

Have you noticed if the issue is happening everywhere you’ve been, or just when at home?

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

Thanks for getting back to me. The issue has no resolved itself without any intervention. I was experiencing a complete black out of signal for several days but then service reappeared overnight. I can’t provide any further details unfortunately for future troubleshooting.

Kind regards,

Jim

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Jimble 

We'd need to know the postcode of the affected area in order to check in on whether something happened (temporarily) with one of your local masts.

Though that’s good to hear things have resolved themselves and all is currently ok again with you.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Soon after my reply I’ve actually lost my signal again. The message reading on my phone is ‘your device is not activated, contact your mobile supplier’ along those lines.. So I’m again out of signal.

My postcode is GU33 7EH.

I appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

James

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Have you tried manually connecting to you’re network through the network settings on the handset itself @Jimble ? How long have you had the SIM card you’re using?

Will

Why iD Mobile?