Question

No Phone signal on 4 of my contracts

• 27 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I cannot make or receive calls on any of my 4 phones on id contracts and haven't had any decent signal since I first joined a few years ago. Have to use WhatsApp for all my calls, no problem with other networks though. Am I entitled to cancel my contracts for free?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @AJ1981 

Have you been in contact with us over this time of which you’ve had issues?  If not, then we’d have zero evidence to go off to have been made aware of any sorts of issues like this.

However, if you could give us a postcode first of all here for your home address.  We can start to look into any current issues you’re noticing currently and troubleshoot this further from there.

I am the same and it seems ID have a serious problem with coverage.

I have monitored my signal for the last two months and in that time there has been signal for less than 15% of the time.

I went round and round in circles to try to report it by phone, couldn’t find live chat and finally cancelled my direct debit on the basis that this might raise an email from them as a starting point.

NOTHING!

Today I have logged on to find a big red banner heading telling me I have an outstanding bill of £5 and will be charged £10 next month, presumably to the DD that no longer exists.

I am not paying for what I am not receiving.  I will now attempt to cancel my account and see if

1. it is possible and 
  2. it generates any sort of response.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am the same and it seems ID have a serious problem with coverage.

I have monitored my signal for the last two months and in that time there has been signal for less than 15% of the time.

I went round and round in circles to try to report it by phone, couldn’t find live chat and finally cancelled my direct debit on the basis that this might raise an email from them as a starting point.

NOTHING!

Today I have logged on to find a big red banner heading telling me I have an outstanding bill of £5 and will be charged £10 next month, presumably to the DD that no longer exists.

I am not paying for what I am not receiving.  I will now attempt to cancel my account and see if

1. it is possible and 
  2. it generates any sort of response.

Hello @Treehugger66,

Cancelling a Direct Debit is never a resolution. This only negatively impacts you as you’re liable for the line rental and may have late payment marks recorded against you for missed payments.

I’m sorry to hear you are having coverage issues.

Has this always been the case when you’ve been with iD or just recently?

Have you tried restarting your device at all?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?