Question

no service

• 17 July 2020
  • 6 replies

I have no service on my phone, it has been this way for about 8 weeks. I have tried resetting network settings and have checked there are no restrictions on the sim. I pay my bill monthly despite being able to use it. I work at the hospital and need to stay in touch with my family. I cannot get hold of anyone

from I.D. Can anyone offer a solution please?  

6 replies

I had the same problem from April to June, it randomly fixed itself in July. However, it seems like this issue is starting again... What phone model are you using? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have no service on my phone, it has been this way for about 8 weeks. I have tried resetting network settings and have checked there are no restrictions on the sim. I pay my bill monthly despite being able to use it. I work at the hospital and need to stay in touch with my family. I cannot get hold of anyone

from I.D. Can anyone offer a solution please?  

Hello @ChristineRobson88,

Sorry to hear that.

Can you confirm your full postcode for us please?

Could you also advise if you have tested your SIM  in another handset?

Mohammed

Post code is CT33DA. I haven’t tested it in another handset. I will try that. Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @ChristineRobson88 

Doing a scan on the postcode for any known issues with the mast, nothing at all is being reported currently nor has there for some time.

Did you manage to see if the SIM worked fine in another phone, as we can’t see any reason why the network should be suffering in any way locally.  So it could be an issue with your handset or a setting within it perhaps?

Thank you for your reply.The sim does work in other phones! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ChristineRobson88 ,

Did you manage to get coverage on another handset with the SIM?

If it’s your handset that you are experiencing issues with it may be a SIM slot issue.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?