Question

No service no calls or texts

• 31 October 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, my son has a new iPhone 7 and today he was out most of the day and couldn’t receive any of the texts or calls I made to him during that time. His phone just showed no service. Is there a problem with general coverage today or is this a phone specific problem? 

He is only 14 and I need to be able to contact him. 

Thanks 

Jo

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Jotheblondeone,

We’re sorry to hear about this issue. Did the device have service before it was used away from home? We have no widespread outages but if you supply me with the postcode of the location where the phone is used, we’ll contact a coverage search for you. Alternatively, you can check the coverage here too.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Yes he’s had ok service before … he turned phone off and on when he got home and 4g was back on 🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 1

Hi this is still happening … my son was not well and walking home from school and sent texts to me and it comes up as not delivered on his phone.  I don’t know if he is out of data but he still should be able to receive texts and call shouldn’t he ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Jotheblondeone,

The allowances shouldn’t affect receiving calls & texts but it sounds more like a coverage issue.

Could you please confirm the full postcode of the area and we’ll check if there are any faults in the area?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

DL3 9SB is our home address  but it’s been when he’s out and about within a 2 mile radius 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Jotheblondeone,

Just checking the coverage, there were some planned work recently but nothing that would otherwise cause a disruption long term.

The area has Marginal Indoor coverage and Good Outdoor coverage from what I can see.

Could you get him to try the following:

1)    Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Let us know if this fixes the issue with the texts showing “Not delivered”

Could you also try the SIM in a different handset and let us know if the issues are still persisting?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Ok thanks, I’ll get him to try this when he’s home.

Why iD Mobile?