Question

no service or data

• 11 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi, phone is not picking up any networks, can make or receive calls, ditto texts and no data available on daughter’s phone since before the weekend. Three tells me there are issues with the signal in my area, however this has been going on for ages,  

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @foppish 

I am sorry to hear that you have problems with your reception. 

To help you solve this I could suggest to email ,they could investigate with Network partner and get back to you with an update regarding it.

Remember to include your full name, date of birth, full address, link to this thread. 

I hope this can be solved rather quickly.

Kind Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @foppish,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with coverage in your area.

Can you confirm your full postcode so we can check the coverage at the local masts for you?

The original message is a little difficult to understand.

Are you advising you have no network coverage and you also cannot make calls, texts or use data? Or are you advising you can make calls texts but not use data?

Mohammed

thanks both,

sorry for not being clear, my daughters id sim worked fine, and now it doesn’t. It cannot find any networks and therefore cannot send or receive calls, texts or use data, no matter where she is- not really much use!. 

her carrier is apparently 3, but it’s not picking up any other available carriers, and we have virgin and O2 coverage in the house (other sims working fine on those networks). This has been an issue for over a week now. 

Our postcode is cf24 4ry, but as I say, her SIM doesn’t recognise any networks as being available on a scan no matter where the phone is.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

No known issues are showing for that postcode @foppish so it could potentially be the phone itself that’s causing trouble here.

Are you able to take the ID Mobile SIM out and pop that in another phone (to test our SIM works there)

-or-

Could you potentially try another SIM (that you know to be working) in your daughters phone to see if that works ok at least?

This could help us identify what has been the problem.

Why iD Mobile?