Solved

No service since activation

• 8 February 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Now my a/c has been activated why is my phone still in emergency mode only???????????????
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 14 February 2019, 16:31

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @59h6yg,

Is there a little more information you have on this?
When you say
Now my a/c has been activated

What do you mean by this? Is this a new contract? a SIM Swap?
Or did you have a suspension on your account due to an unpaid bill?

This will help us understand what could be causing the issue.

Have you tried powering down the phone and removing the SIM. Waiting 10 minutes, then powering up the phone and re-inserting? This fixes most coverage problems as it should reset your connection to the network.

Can you confirm your full postcode for us? This will allow us to check your coverage and rule out any issues a mast could be causing?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Dear Mohammed,

Thank you for your answer - this is a SIM swap, I do not have a suspension due to an unpaid bill (I've only been with iD for one week).

I have tried taking the SIM card out and replacing it after 10 minutes twice - same result, the text "No SIM card-Emergency calls only" still scrolls across the top of the screen on my phone.

My post code is SL5 8NJ.

The PAC from Tesco (my previous supplier) is [removed].

Do you require any more information from me to get my phone working?

Regards Tony Bendall.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Tony, can you let us know what phone you are using please and have you tried testing the SIM with any other phone?

Is the SIM you are using the only SIM you have been sent by us?

Do you know how to manually search for network

-Phil
Userlevel 1
Hi Phil, the phone I'm using is a Motorola G4. I haven't got another phone to test the SIM in, and yes this is the only SIM you have sent me.

Re manually searching the network - I could do with some help!!

Tony.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @59h6yg,

You don't appear to have any coverage issues at your home address that have currently been picked up.

To do a manual network search, you'll need to go into the device Settings.

It's usually found in Settings > Networks > More > Mobile Networks and then here you'll see Carrier or Network Operators.

You can tap this and turn off the automatic option to allow the phone to search. This will take a few minutes. Then let us know which results show, or select iD from the options.

If you're stuck, send us a screenshot of the Mobile Network settings.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi Mohammed, thanks for your reply. Having talked with both iD and Tesco support staff it appears that the problem was that the phone was blocked. I have now received the code and entered it. I can now text, but "Mobile network not available for voice calls" now comes up when I try to call mobile or land line numbers.

Following your advice above: Settings>Networks>More>Mobile Networks>Network Operators, it eventually shows iD, when tapped it eventually states "Registering on iD", and then comes up with "Can't connect to this network at the moment - try again later."
The other networks are : O2 - UK, Vodaphone - UK, EE, 234 32.
I'll keep trying, and if I'm not successful will contact you again.

Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @59h6yg,

Thanks for confirming that and do keep us updated.

iD is the mast to connect to and if you could try instead of turning off the phone and removing the SIM to see if this now makes a difference following Tesco unblocking you.

What's strange is that you can send texts but not make calls.

If your handset is a Dual SIM handset, try swapping the SIM slots.
If you're using a second SIM in the phone, please try removing the non-iD SIM and use just the iD SIM to see if this helps.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi Mohammed,

This morning the phone came alive and I can make call and texts 🙂 I think I misled you re texts - I use Whatsapp for all my messaging wherever possible but a couple of sms did not go out until the phone was fully active.

I noticed that on some of the times I put the SIM in (correctly) it didn't work, but by taking it out again and breathing heavily on it the connection was made as soon as I put it in.

The phone is a single SIM just for your reference.

Thanks again for your help and advice - much appreciated. @59h6yg

Why iD Mobile?