Solved

No Service with Son's Phone

• 24 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, SIM won't work in my son's phone. It'll work in a different phone but we've trawled the settings but can't find the issue. Hope someone can help. ThanksĀ 

icon

Best answer by Will 24 July 2020, 18:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @MantisĀ 

Given that the SIM is working in another phone, that suggests for certain itā€™s an issue with the phone itself.

Has the SIM worked in that phone in the past?Ā  Airplane mode definitely isnā€™t turned on is it?Ā  It might be worth backing up any photos to a PC/ a cloud service and doing a factory reset if all else fails.

Hi Kevin,

Yes we know the sim itself is ok cos it works in another phone and we have used that SIM in this phone previous to the one it works in. But we get nothing when we out it in. Airplane is definitely not on, may have to try the factory reset although no wanted to avoid that.

Ā 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Mantis,

Ā 

Whatā€™s the make and model of the phone? Has a SIM card of another network been used in it previously? Just trying to figure out if the handset is potentially locked to another network you see.

Ā 

Will

Hi Will,

The phone is a Samsung A50 and no it's always used an i.d SIM in it. It wasn't used for a while cos my son broke his phone and now its as if it won't recognise the sim.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mantis,

Ā 

Could you please try turning the handset off then removing and reinserting the SIM. Once you have done that please power on the handset again.

Ā 

If this doesnā€™t work please try resetting the network settings on the handset. If both of the above donā€™t seem to work you can manually select your network through your network settings in your handset settings.

Ā 

Have you tried another SIM in the Samsung A50 as it may be a faulty SIM slot if other SIM cards are also not working within the phone?

Ā 

Kash

Ā 

Ā 

Why iD Mobile?