Question

No signal for a long time

• 23 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I have had no signal for over a week now. I needed to confirm bank payment and no text message arrived. a week ago nobody could get thru to me but at least I received a text message. I need to do my banking. please help. taking out SIM dis not help. thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Laurinka, sorry to hear this. Have you tried restarting your phone and resetting the network settings? Let me know the make and model of your phone and I can walk you through this.

Could you also confirm your full postcode so we can check for any disruption in your area?

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory I have iPhone SE  software  13.5.1 

yesterday I was told on chat that my area has an outage. Can you please check if that has been resolved please.

OX4 4FG

i had to call police 101 today and I could not use Skype . This is so frustrating. I managed to find a local number for the police. Phone is a must as I live alone and really do not feel safe if I can’t even call a police.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Laurinka, emergency calls to 101 or 999 will utilise any UK network, so you shouldn’t have any issues calling these numbers. I’m not entirely sure if this will extend to the local police number, though I assume not.

From what I can see, the outage was resolved at around 17:00 yesterday, but you might still experience some issues while things get back to normal. Have you restarted your phone this morning?

Also, do you have Wi-Fi at home? You can set up Wi-Fi Calling, which will allow you to make and receive calls even if your mobile signal is poor https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203032

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?